-N-

Edited by Love4Yoongi 

...

Did my subconscious create a world in my mind, then manipulate it?

Are you a friend of mine?

Do I look like one?

People presumed that the subconscious can play tricks on you, but none of them mentioned anything related to helping the vessel it belongs to.

I can't directly tell you because if I do, I'll get hurt.

You know me well, more than you can imagine. Trust me you'll be surprised.

However, if the human body becomes aware of his subconscious presence, it will be the end of him.

It was my subconscious all along. It was him playing tricks on me. A sarcastic laugh escaped my mouth as I realized what was happening.

"I've been in a coma for 3 years," I blankly said but instantly got rid of that expression and looked up at Jungkook, who was now looking down, hiding his face and eyes from my gaze. He was standing in front of the room not daring to cross the line of the door. "Thank you, doctor, for keeping me alive all this time," I said as I smiled at him sadly.

"Oh, no. You don't need to thank me. You need to thank Mr.Lee Taehyung for paying for your bills for the past 6 months. If he hadn't paid, you would've been now meeting God instead."

I furrowed as I got confused, with every single word he said a million explanations was needed, "Sorry, what did you say again? can you elaborate more?"

"Mr. Taehyung volunteered to pay for your hospital bills. When suddenly there was no more money coming into the hospital under your name, the head of the hospital gave out an order to remove the machines which kept you alive. Breathing to be precise, and luckily Mr. Taehyung, was kind enough to help you."

Your stay here did cost me a lot, but it was worth it.

A nurse came in running and heaving as she took the Doctor somewhere, maybe another patient was having a hard time. Another patient. Yes, a patient. I'm just a patient here too.

I sighed and saw Jungkook, coming into the room then sat on the chair beside my bed, silently. I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised, "Why did you lie?"

"I didn't want to scare you. I didn't want to make you feel like you were going crazy. My Noona used to have amnesia at a young age which drove her nuts and made her commit suicide. I ended up knowing that lying a little won't cause a problem if it was for a good cause." He guiltily looked at his lap.

He was scared that I might get more sick. He thinks I have amnesia or something. Cute.

I smiled internally at his adorable reason. "Can you help me sit?" I asked so he quickly looked up at me and nodded then went to the other side and started to help me up, but to be honest, I felt some pain, and it kept increasing over the time he was helping me. "Yah, Yah, let go, let go. It hurts."

He let me go immediately and repetitively apologized while bowing multiple times. "Oh God! Can you stop, please! By the way, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but when was the last time you had a shower kid? You smell like tr-"

Why is everyone treating him like trash?

My own words echoed in my head, so I promptly bit my lips to stop the words from flowing out, but to my surprise, he continued them "Trash? Is that what you wanted to say? I'm sorry for bothering you."

He bowed and was about to leave the room, but I stopped him "Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm just a blunt person. Hope you don't mind."

I looked at him with eyes full of guilt as he stood in front of the bed, making my neck hurt from staying in this position. "Are you going to keep standing there for long?" I asked while crashing my head back on the pillow.

He hummed in response, "I don't want to bother you with my smell." His voice trailed with each word, but I heard each one loud and clear.

"Come over here, kid. Sit down, and tell me more about you."

He took doubtful steps to the chair beside me then sat on it, pushing it back a little. I rolled my eyes at his sensitiveness.

"I don't want my neck to hurt me more, so you better come closer. I can barely move. Come on." I said, receiving a nod from him, and he went back to his original spot beside the bed, leaving a smile on my face.

I cleared my throat and turned my head to his side, starting, "So your name is Jeon Jungkook, you are 17-years-old, you had a noona and a mother. What about your father?" He shook his head in response which saddened me, but I kept going anyway, "Do you go to school?"

He looked down on his feet, answering, "I won't go starting tomorrow. There is no need." I didn't stop him and only kept listening to his words as he fixed his gaze somewhere on the floor, away from my eyes.

"Since my sister died, my mother was losing her mind. She kept overworking herself. Housemaid. We are a poor family, barely surviving the day. One day I got a call from this hospital. When I went to see what happened, I found the people she worked for, informing me that she fell while working and hit her head, hard. Later on, the doctor told me she has a head tumour and along with the shook, she fell victim to a coma. The family she worked for were kind enough to pay for the bills, but one day they called for me, telling me they can't keep doing that forever, considering her condition."

He paused and bit his lips, I saw some tears swelling up in his eyes.

"So I begged them to keep paying till I got a job. I went everywhere and tried to find a job that could give me enough money, but since I'm under 18, it was clearly too hard to find one. Eventually, I decided to look for more than one. I worked really hard. Really hard. Every day, I'd go to school early in the morning and after school, I'd go to both my jobs, then at night I would sneak into the hospital to take a glimpse of my sleeping mother."

A shaky breath left his mouth, then he inhaled and exhaled harshly before continuing, "I kept going like that for 8 whole months, but suddenly today morning, a doctor came to me and told me that it's a waste of money and space to keep her alive. They said it's a waste to keep my own mother alive. Why?" He finally looked up at me with his now teary eyes, "Why is it hard to keep those whom you love, with you forever?"