-R-

Edited by Love4Yoongi 

...

"Yes, nothing can bring back your mother, but the least you can do is to give her justice." I debated. However, he shook his head, replying with a small smile, "I believe it's too late."

He got up and helped me up then supported me to reach my bed. "You just need to rest. Don't bother yourself with worrying too much about me."

I glanced at his facial features while he was tugging me under the covers. He is handsome and young, yet I can see signs of exhaustion on his face, with loads on his shoulders. What happened to you Jungkook? Why were you the only one who didn't clearly come into my long dream?

After a few minutes, we both went back to sleep, and around 12 pm I woke up. As I looked around, I noticed that Jungkook, wasn't there so I guessed that he went to the restroom. I sat up and went to the bathroom in my room, then went outside into the corridor. Some people greeted me, I chatted with some old people who were patients in here as well.

However, along the many conversations we had, one did grab my attention. "The kid staying with you, did you hear about his mother?" An old lady in her late 70s asked.

I nodded sadly, "Yeah, he told me that she died because the doctors removed the machines, keeping her alive."

"Tsk. That kid better not know the truth." She patted my head, "You better keep watch over him." She rested her hand on the table and lifted her weak body up, "I'll go to my room now. It's time for my medicine."

I hummed as I saw her walk away from me. Why is everyone talking about Jungkook's mother? What's so special?

Suddenly, I spotted Namjoon, walking nearby so I raised my hand, waving at him then called out his name. He took fast steps towards me, "Hello, hyung. What are you doing outside your room all alone? Want me to escort you?"

I chuckled at the so many inquiries, "Come and sit down first." I patted the empty chair beside me, so he took it and waited for me to say the first words.

"I kept thinking about your words last time we met, concerning Jungkook. Do you happen to know something?"

"No, not yet. However, all that I concluded is that it's related to the VIP on the 2nd floor." I nodded, eyeing him, but before I could ask more, someone called out Namjoon's name. Therefore, he excused himself and left to see where he was needed.

I sighed and walked back to my room to see Jungkook there "Oh! Hyung. Where were you? I looked around for you."

I smiled and patted his head then moved to sit on the bed, "I was walking around for a little while."

The door made a creaking noise, warning that someone is coming inside so both, Jungkook and I, look at the person coming in. "Didn't your parents teach you to knock on the door before entering Mr.Lee?"

He snorted and ignored what I said, then took a seat on the couch opposite to me, "How are you doing Jin?"

I was taken back by his rudeness, but guess what? He was the one who saved my life, so why not just be grateful and get it over with?

"I'm fine, and I'm thankful for what you did, but may I ask what brings you here?"

He looked around, avoiding eye contact, "Nothing. I just came to check up on you and see if you are still alive or ready to die again."

What's wrong with him?

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm perfectly fine."

"No. On the contrary, I want you to be as healthy as possible, and as far away from this hospital as you can. So recover quickly." He got up and walked away, but before he could leave I asked, "What's your story Taehyung? I'm sure you have one. Helping others for no reason doesn't seem like a trait of yours."

His hand was on the doorknob as he replied not turning to look at me, talking in a deep, slow, and devious tone, "Choosing to help you was something selfish of me, so don't think you are special, Mr.Kim."