-L-

Edited by Love4Yoongi 

...

I became conscious due to the female voices around me, so I opened my eyes, struggling a bit. Why do I feel like I've been sleeping for ages? I sighed internally and tried to talk when I suddenly felt how my mouth felt heavy.

My lips felt like two pieces of ice blocks, however before I could give myself another chance to talk, I saw a long thin tube connected to my nose and a bigger one coming out of my mouth. I started to panic, and I heard the beeping of the heart machine beside me increase.

Jin, calm down. Calm down. You are just in a hospital. It's normal. This is the least abnormal thing which happened to you so far, why are you terrified like that?

I collected my thoughts and tried to steady my breathing, then I saw one of the nurses yell out for someone's name, running out of the room while the other nurse came to my aid.

Surely, I couldn't even talk because of the attached equipment to me so I decided to gesture her to help me, but while raising my hand, I felt it. I felt the numbness in both my arms and legs. My whole body felt numb. What happened? Am I paralyzed now?

First Amnesia and second is parallelism. Shit happens when I thought there is nothing worse can happen to me.

I sighed internally and suddenly felt the nurse remove the huge tube from my mouth. Another figure wearing a doctor's coat came in with the nurse who left earlier.

"Jin-ssi, can you hear me?" He asked with his thick voice and held onto some light pen, which pierced through my eyes, making me flinch and close them. I stretched my mouth open and close, to get rid of the numbness due to the tube which was weighing on my lips.

After a moment, I replied with a hum, "Yes I can hear you." I announced with a weirdly weak voice. What's happening here?

The doctor forced his fingers to open my eyes then moved my head in both directions. He looked up at both the nurses while nodding.

"How do you feel? Does anything hurt?" The presumed doctor asked me.

Therefore, I hummed while blurting out, "My arms and legs feel numb. Actually, my whole body feels out of order."

The doctor nodded while informing me, "Yes that's normal. Other than that, do you feel any kind of internal pain?"

"Hmm-" I thought for a moment, trying to give myself time to feel if there was anything that seriously hurts, but there was nothing so I shook my head, "No, I feel fine. I guess."

"Good." The doctor said and went back to talk to the nurses, then left the room. While my eyes were following the doctor out of the room, I saw a familiar person. Someone was crouching on the floor in front of my room on the side as I only saw his side profile, but I immediately knew he was.

"Hey!" I got the nurses attention, so she looked at me, waiting for my words, "can you please tell him to come in?" I raised my chin a little for her to see who I was talking about. She made an 'ah' sound and went to the door, patted the boy's shoulder and pointed to me.

He turned his face as I gave him a soft smile, watching as he tooK small and hesitant steps towards me. He stood there awkwardly, then bowed while fidgeting with the hem of his sleeves. "Hello, thank you for waking up."

His eyes never met mine since he entered the room. What's with him? I eyed him from head to toe. Why does he look strangely different than I last remember?

"You're welcome, but can you tell me, what happened to you?"

He sniffed a little. Was he crying because he was scared to lose me? He is the last person whom I know something about, which is making me curious.

"Take a seat," I said, looking up at the chair behind him, so he turned his face after taking a very quick glance at me then pulled the chair and sat.

I waited for him to talk. I only saw him play with his fingers as he bit his lips, finally speakin., "My mother died this morning then I heard the doctors speaking about another patient with the same illness as my mother, so I came to speak to you, but you suddenly moved."

Oh! So his mother had amnesia too, or wait, was she paralyzed like me now? Wait why am I paralyzed, and since when were those 2 considered as deadly illnesses?

"Jungkook!" He looked up at me in shook while I proceeded, "You told me before your name is Jungkook, didn't you?"

"Th-that was a long time ago." His words came out, showing how confused he was.

Am I not supposed to remember his name?

I brushed it off and asked the important question, "So what happened to me? Did I fall again while hiking with you? Or did a shark eat my limbs while diving together since I don't feel them?"

Jungkook frowned and got up from his seat. "I'm sorry, sir. I don't know what you are talking about. I've never gone out with you." he blurted out in one go.

"Hold on, hold on! So you are saying you don't know me?"

He hummed in response as I continued, "But, last time I was at the hospital, you felt sorry because I slipped while hiking with you. What are you talking about, kid? Do you think I'm crazy?!"

"No, no." He frantically waved his hands in front of me and said, "I didn't say that." He sighed, then sat back down as he ruffled his hair, looking back at me, proceeding, "Okay, I remember now. We went hiking, and you slipped."

"Oh, he woke up."