-U-

Edited by Love4Yoongi 

...

The plan was to leave the hospital for some time to go to my house and see what the hell, Namjoon, was hiding from me. Thankfully, Taehyung played along. I changed into my clothes which I asked Jungkook, to bring me days ago. They came quite handy. Anyway, I borrowed a face mask from Taehyung and wore my bucket hat, then we left the hospital stealthily.

Taehyung rubbed off any suspicion about me as we walked through the corridors and rode his car. I breathed out in victory "Yes step one done. Let's get going."

He laughed and from where I sit, it was a genuine one which I've never seen in all his pictures filling the internet.

I gave him the location and he drove off. Minutes later, we reached our destination as he parked his beautiful black Porsche car across the street to my house. We got out and went to the main door.

Why did Namjoon leave the door open is he dumb? I sighed internally and walked inside with Taehyung trailing behind me, looking around the place. I shook my head as I saw the disgusted look his eyes carried.

I understand though, it's been a while since someone tented to the garden. I ignored all that and strolled toward the house's see-through door. I peeked inside then slowly pushed it.

My eyes kept roaming around the place, which was split into 2 extremely different parts. One was really clean but the other part was dusty as if there was no one living here for ages.

Shit! Wait! Has Jungkook been cleaning? I placed my hand on my mouth and yelled out Jungkook's name.

"Where are you? Namjoon! You too, where are you!"

The moment I called out Namjoon's name, I heard fast footsteps coming from the stairs, which connected the lower floor with the 2nd one. I looked up to meet Namjoon, who had his eyes wide open.

However, his eyes didn't seem like they were looking at me. I looked behind me as I saw Taehyung, having the same facial expression as Namjoon.

"Why do you both act as if you've seen a ghost? Namjoon, where is Jungkook?" I moved towards the stairs and was about to pass by Namjoon, but he extended his arm in front of me, preventing me from going any further.

"Namjoon!" I glared at him. This is starting to get annoying. What is he hiding from me?

"Hyung, you shouldn't see Jungkook now. Please, just listen to me." He pleaded finally averting his gaze from Taehyung to me.

"I am not going to accept more of this attitude. There is definitely something you are hiding from me. Step aside." Namjoon sighed and let me pass, so I stride to where Namjoon told me Jungkook was.

I pushed the door open as I saw a bloody Jungkook laying on the bed. My eyes grew wide and I froze in place. Jungkook looked up at me and while pressing onto his side he said, "Hyung, what are you doing here?"

I still couldn't move from my place as I asked with a low tone, "Who did this to you?"

Before Jungkook could speak, Taehyung's voice resonated in the room "I think I know who was responsible."

I quickly held onto his collar, anger clouding me, "If this has anything related to you, I'll make sure to end you."

He looked at my hand, then up at me as I felt his hand remove mine from grasping his collar.

"I assure you, it has everything to do with me."

"You better speak up right now!" I yelled.

He sighed and walked toward Jungkook's bed asking, "You okay there?" Jungkook nodded in response, "I think I'll live."

Taehyung sat on the bed and started threading "The thing is, my father, is hospitalized-"

"He is not your father." Namjoon cut him off, making me snap my head at him in confusion.

"I hope you didn't forget that." He frowned.

I titled my head watching them quarrel as Taehyung replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah yeah sure, dear older brother. Anyway, the point is to explain why Jungkook was shot, not to narrate our story." He looked back at me as he continued.

"He is hospitalized and needs 2 organs to live. One is a kidney, and the second is a heart. The first one was resolved, but when I knew the process, I regretted it."

He gestured to me with his eyes to look at Jungkook, who was slowly drifting to sleep.

"His mother gave her kidney to my father, and let me highlight the word "unwillingly." The doctors took it without consent from any of her family members. They argued with me that Jungkook is of no age to sign the papers, and she had no more relatives, so they decided it on their own and covered it up."

My eyes grew wide as I added the pieces of the puzzle.

But suddenly today morning, a doctor came to me and told me that it's a waste of money and space to keep her alive.

Revenge won't bring back my mother.

Jungkook knows what they did to his mother. I glanced at him as I saw his small body heaving. Namjoon was sitting on the other side of the bed, tending to Jungkook's wound.

I averted my eyes when I saw a hole in Jungkook's waist area, and looked at Taehyung, then asked the most important question.

"You said it was important for you to make sure I was safe. What does this have to do with me then?"