-S-

Edited by Love4Yoongi 

...

"I never thought of myself as special. You are intriguing me, Mr.Lee, and I'm willing to listen to your story."

Taehyung turned to face me as he stood there for a couple of seconds, maybe debating on what to do, but eventually, he walked towards the couch, sat while crossing his legs, linking his fingers, and rested them on his knee. Jungkook also sat, but on the chair on the other side of my bed.

"I already know your name so let's skip that-" I spoke, but unexpectedly he interrupted my words.

"The thing is that it all started off with my name. Therefore, if you are interested to know, let me start from there."

He cleared his throat as both Jungkook and I stayed silent, anticipating what he has to say.

"My name was previously Kim Taehyung, but after a major thing which happened to my life, that name changed." My eyes glanced at his hands which hugged each other hard, making his knuckles turn white, so I looked up at him again as he continued.

"My mother. My dear, dear mother." A sarcastic chuckle left his mouth that hid some sadness in them. "She forced a divorce on my father then went to find comfort in someone else." His eyes suddenly found interest in a specific spot somewhere on the floor as he kept threading.

"She took me with her because apparently that same person she claimed she loves wanted to marry her under only one condition." He closed his eyes and exhaled harshly, "It was to take me with her and change my surname because he is incapable of giving birth, not to mention his age. He didn't want to wait. He thought of the easiest way."

So he was forcefully taken away from his father and was also forced to change his surname.

"Things didn't stop at him only changing my surname, but he also forbade me from meeting my real father. I was only 8 back then, I was just a kid." his voice trailed off.

I heard him sigh as he untwined his fingers and rested his back on the couch then looked at me questioning, "So, do I sound pathetic?" His voice sounded alluring, and for some reason, I didn't like the challenge.

To be honest, I was taken aback by his sudden change in attitude. Was what he said true? Or was he just playing around? I don't know anymore.

"Your current attitude doesn't reflect on what you said. Therefore, let me guess. You were bluffing." I faked a smile at him.

He laughed out loud as he stood up from the couch "So funny. Anyway, I had my share of fun here. See you later, Mr.Kim." He winked at me then left the room. Jungkook and I exchanged looks and I sighed, shaking my head in disbelief.

After we talked for a while, a doctor came to my room to check up on me. He did his daily night routine and left. "Jungkook, are you sure you don't want to stay at my house? I'm pretty sure the couch isn't that comfortable to sleep on."

He rubbed his chin, cutely as he thought with a hum, making me smile.

"Okay then. I'll stay there for today."

"Good." I gave him the keys, and he left the room so I smashed my head back on the pillow as I closed my eyes to sleep, but there was still something bothering me.

Something was there itching under my skin. I unplugged my phone and went to search for the name 'Lee Min-jun' and surprisingly for me his name was on the top searched names. I opened one of the articles.

The most successful businessman in Korea is hospitalized, suffering from both heart and kidney problems.

Lee Min-Jun is currently in the hospital with his beloved son, Lee Taehyung, and his beloved wife, Mrs.Lee.

A picture of the mother crying between Taehyung's arms while standing in front of the man's bed was taken and inserted into the article.

My eyes stayed a little on Taehyung's figure and attentively scanned his facial expressions, but what caught my attention was how Taehyung was holding his mother because, at first sight, this picture looked really warm, but now I see it clearer.

He was telling the truth. He was telling the damn truth and just masked his pained soul with his sarcasm and rude attitude. I'm such an idiot.

I can see now. He isn't really hugging his mother, but it seems like she fabricated the picture to look like a happy lavishly rich family. Taehyung's eyes are cold as ice. Even though that man is supposed to be his fatherly figure, I sense hate radiating from, Taehyung for him.

Why do I have the feeling that there is more to the story he said? Also, what did he mean by, "choosing to help you was something selfish of me?"

I need to meet that young man again. I believe that he is the key to why I woke up.