-V-

Edited by Love4Yoongi 

...

"You said it was important for you to make sure I was safe. What does this have to do with me then?"

Taehyung nodded, agreeing to what I said, as he started explaining the relation.

"Remember when I said 'my dad' wants a heart?" I nodded, so he continued, "You were the one whom he was gonna take it from."

I gulped harshly as Namjoon gasped loudly. I quickly talked back to Taehyung saying. "But I was alive, taking my heart away means that I'd die. Were the doctors gonna take that extreme measurement to help a powerful man, such as your father?"

I have no relatives and my blood type is 'O'. Come to think about it, I'm a perfect match, but does my tissue's match with that man's?

Fear ran through my body the moment I realized that I was about to die without even noticing. Am I that insignificant to the world? Also, did they run all the tests on me while I was out? Where they that determined to save one life by taking away 2?

I felt pain in my chest and a knot in my throat. I felt disgusted by how low some people can be. My eyes fell on the Jungkook's figure which is laying on my bed, and Namjoon was by his side tending to the wound.

I glanced at the side table beside the bed and saw a bowl with a small piece of shining metal inside it. My brain immediately drew the picture of the bullet, so I averted my gaze and looked back at Taehyung.

"It was actually my mother who ordered that. She convinced the doctors to save him under any cost." The moment Taehyung uttered those words, Namjoon darted towards him and held his collar yelling. "Mother would never do such a thing. Apologize immediately-"

Before Namjoon could finish his words, Taehyung pulled Namjoon's hand away, replying with a clear frown.

"She isn't as kind as you remember her. She was stripped off from all her kindness the moment she stepped inside that man's mansion."

His words and facial expressions carried some sadness, which I could clearly see in his eyes. This kid must have gone through a lot. I'm not sure if those 2 are really brothers, or I did hear wrong? But I'll assume they are.

I smiled internally as I confronted myself that Namjoon, was never my brother and can never be. It was just a dream created by your subconscious, Jin.

"I don't know much about what was happening while I was out so I'd love to know more details about your story Taehyung since it's clearly connected to me. I also hope you don't leave anything out." I sat on the bed, crossing my arms and waited for Taehyung to start threading the whole thing.

He cleared his throat and started off saying, "Namjoon and I are brothers as you realized. However, mom took me away from home. I had no other choice than to follow her. Dad refused to give her Namjoon and to add to that, Namjoon also refused to come with her because he claimed that dad would feel lonely." He glanced at Namjoon, who was looking away.

"How pathetic, leaving your younger brother alone." He whispered to himself, but enough for us to hear.

"Anyway, what happened next was that Mr.Lee changed my surname and when I used to whine about wanting to go see dad, he would shun me away or ignore my existence till one day I stopped." He exhaled heavily then gave out a sarcastic laugh.

"Yeah yeah, I stopped. It was useless anyway. Mom didn't have any power over that man and neither did I. Until now, I don't understand what she sees in that guy. He never gives her attention, nor gives her the love she deserves. But guess what? She doesn't deserve it after all." His eyes grew in anger. Hate was filling up his facial expressions, as he gritted on his teeth.

I'm sure there are so many things that he wants to say, but knowing how he is, he'll never share.

"One day, and by one day I mean 8 months ago, he had an accident. He was already missing one kidney before due to the excess alcohol he was drinking. After the accident, by a couple of months, the doctors reported to us that his other kidney showed a sign of failure as well. Not to mention his heart, which was trying to recover, but was getting weaker by the day. I expected that he'd die soon, but then I saw her."

He turned his hands into a fist, focusing on the floor as he continued, "She threatened the head of the hospital, that if they don't save her husband, she'll go to extreme measures to shut down the hospital, as well as imprison him. Therefore, he started looking for donors and listed Mr.Lee's name at the top priority list. Weeks later, I overheard a conversation with both my mother and the head of the hospital, speaking about finding an illegal donor for the kidney who I later on knew was Jungkook's mother. The doctor briefed her on the patient's condition along with her background check, and guess what brother?"

He paused and looked up at Namjoon with a cold expression which scared the shit out of me.

"She told him to remove the machines, and save her husband instead."