Sickly and Skinny

Requested by tamiresdr, Steve is temporary undone from the serum and Natasha takes care of him.

Natasha had never seen a mission go so wrong so quickly. 

Especially a mission that was being led by her and Steve. They were a strong team and since their relationship had evolved into more then friends, they were careful not to let anything go wrong. 

This time Natasha wasn't even sure they could have prevented it. 

They had been done with the important part of their mission. Hostages had been rescued and most of their team had cleared out, leaving only Steve and Natasha to extract the data from the computer lab. 

It should have been easy and quick, but the second they had stepped foot in the room, the doors had all locked and a gas began seeping into the room. 

"Shit," Natasha mumbled, shooting the lock in a pointless attempt to get them out before they breathed in whatever gas was filling the room. When it failed she went to the computers and began trying to get the data. 

"Natasha the window," Steve said, grabbing her hand. 

"Hang on, we've got to get this data." 

Steve shook his head, "We'll find another way to get it Nat. C'mon." 

Natasha ignored him, typing away quickly at the computer and inserting a flash drive before removing it as soon as the computers shut down. 

"Got it." 

Steve coughed, the gas now at his height, "C'mon Natasha. We gotta get out of here." 

She nodded and shot at the glass as they ran towards it. It cracked and when they got close enough to it, Steve pulled her into his arms and charged into it with his shield, diving out the window and holding his shield out so that it would break their fall. 

Natasha coughed when they hit the ground and sat up, reaching down to help Steve up. 

"Steve? You alright?" She asked, suddenly growing concerned when she saw sweat building up on his suddenly pale forehead. 

Steve nodded and tried to stand up, only to stumble and fall towards Natasha. 

"Steve?" She asked again, placing her hands on both sides of his face and frowning at how hot his skin was. 

"I don't feel great," Steve admitted, stumbling again. 

Natasha let go of his face and held him up, "Fury we need immediate extraction and a medic. Captain Rogers inhaled some sort of gas." 

"It's on the way," Fury responded. 

Natasha frowned and wrapped Steve's arm around her, "C'mon Steve. We gotta get you to a medic." 

"I feel dizzy Nat." 

"I know but you gotta help me get to the quinjet okay?" Natasha asked, her voice laced with worry. 

Steve nodded weakly and stumbled along Natasha's side until they were in the jet. 

Luckily they were only about 15 minutes from the compound.

When they got back to the compound, the medics took Steve and tried to force Natasha away from him. 

"Let go of me, I'm not leaving him," She argued, pushing the hands of one of them away. 

"Agent if he's been exposed to a deadly gas we can't risk you being exposed too." 

Natasha pushed past him, "I was already exposed. Now let me through."