It Reminds Me of You

Requested by Natasha__wanda, Steve doesn't have a favorite color until Natasha guesses one and looks really excited about it so he makes it that.

Her question shouldn't have caught him off guard. It wasn't a hard one...not by any stretch. 

His favorite color???

Steve wasn't even sure that he had one. 

Before the ice, he'd been colorblind, and after he came out of the ice he'd been so busy trying to save New York that he didn't really think much about which color he liked the most. 

Natasha stopped him from saying anything, "Wait, don't tell me. I want to guess it." 

Steve smiled as she furrowed her eyebrows in concentration. 

"I'd say blue but that's too obvious," She said with a small smile before continuing, "It's still gonna be something patriotic though so it's definitely red." 

Steve smiled and looked at the way Natasha's hair framed her face and brought out the green in her eyes. He nodded, "Yeah." 

 Natasha grinned and rolled her eyes teasingly, "You're so predictable." 

"I am not," Steve argued. 

Natasha raised her eyebrows, "You're saying that Captain America liking the color red isn't predictable?" 

Steve frowned slightly, "I bet yours is predictable too." 

"I bet you can't guess it." 

"Black." Steve said with confidence. 

Natasha rolled her eyes, "Black isn't a color dumbass. Even if it was you'd still be wrong." 

Steve frowned, "What is it then?" 

She shrugged, "I thought it was predictable Rogers?" 

"I thought so too." 

Hopping off the counter where she had been sitting, Natasha gave Steve a small smirk,"I'll let you think on it for a few days. Maybe you'll figure it out." 

She walked past him, her arm brushing against his softly, leaving him behind with a boyish grin on his face.

--------------------------------

Steve never could figure out what Natasha's favorite color was. None of the avengers knew and she refused to tell him. 

However, he had begun to embrace red as his favorite color. He had various red items of clothing now and had gotten a dark red cover for his bed. 

He liked how it always reminded him of Natasha, and even more so how good she looked in the red hoodies that she stole from his laundry. 

"You know," He said to her one day when she'd come into his floor with one of them on, "I'm beginning to think your favorite color is red. It seems to be the only color hoodie you steal from me."

She shook her head, jumping over the back of the couch and landing besides him, "Nope. I have a blue one and a black one too." 

Steve rolled his eyes, "Don't you have your own clothes?" 

Natasha shrugged, leaning against the arm rest and putting her feet in Steve's lap, "Sure but yours are more comfortable." 

Steve sighed, although he really didn't mind at all, "You're impossible." 

"Yup," Natasha agreed, smirking at him. 

He tossed her his TV remote, "Wanna watch a movie?" 

She nodded and put something on. Steve didn't pay much attention to it. He never did.

Instead he watched Natasha and the way she smiled softly at the screen. He rarely ever say her look so relaxed. 

"You've got a staring problem Rogers," She said, looking over at him. 

Steve blushed, "Sorry."

She rolled her eyes and paused the movie, "You wanna talk to me or are you going to keep trying to be secretive?" 

Steve frowned, "Secretive? I'm not-" 

"Cut the bullshit. You've been acting off for the past few weeks."

He froze, that might have been true but he certainly couldn't tell her that he had been acting weird because he was hopelessly in love with her. 

She raised an eyebrow, "So what's going on?"

Steve scratched the back of his ear, "Nat-"

Natasha sat up, "I can already tell you're about to say more bullshit. C'mon Steve, what's going on with you?" 

Steve sighed, "Guess I've just been preoccupied with my thoughts lately."

"You're gonna have to do better then that," Natasha teased, smiling softly. 

"You really wanna know?" Steve asked, his eyebrows furrowing. 

Natasha nodded, "You think I'd ask if I didn't?"

Steve laughed a little, "No...It's about a girl. I can't stop thinking about her. I think I'm in love." 

Steve could have sworn Natasha's smile had faded for a second but before he could tell if it had really happened, she had covered it back up with another one. 

"Do I know her?" Natasha asked. 

Steve looked down at his hands nervously, "You are her." 

Natasha raised her eyebrows, "What?" 

"It's you," Steve repeated, refusing to meet her eyes. 

Natasha was silent for a moment and Steve was positive that he had just ruined everything. 

"Why?" She asked eventually. 

Steve finally looked up at her, "Because you're amazing Nat. What's not to love about you? You're witty, kind, brave, stunning, not to mention incredibly smart." 

Natasha shook her head, "You're something else, you know that?" 

Steve frowned slightly, "In a bad way?" 

Natasha shook her head again with a small laugh, "You're also incredibly clueless." 

Steve paused, "So in a good way?" 

She laughed again, "Yes in a good way." 

Steve smiled, his eyes lighting up with delight, "Really?" 

Natasha brought her hand up to his cheek with another laugh, "Just shut up and kiss me Rogers."

She pulled him towards her and pressed her lips against his as Steve's arms wrapped around her waist. 

One of his hands tangled in her hair and Steve couldn't help but feel like it was all a dream. 

When they finally pulled apart for air, he gently combed his fingers through her hair with a dorky smile on his face, "You know why red is my favorite color Nat?" 

Natasha shook her head, her hands still cupping his face lightly, "Why?" 

Steve tugged on a strand of her hair lightly, letting the curl go with a smile, "It reminds me of you."

"You're a hopeless romantic," Natasha said, though she couldn't help the smile on her lips. 

Steve shrugged, "I can't help it." 

Natasha leaned forward to kiss him again. When they pulled apart, Natasha smiled and ran her thumb alongside his jawline.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked him. 

Steve nodded. 

"My favorite color is blue." 

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long since I've updated this...school is low-key kicking my ass lol. I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter though! I'll try and update again soon!