Scare Tactics

In honor of Halloween, Natasha scares Steve constantly. 

Natasha never celebrated holidays as a child. The Red Room certainly didn't decorate for Christmas and there was nothing special about those days aside from being great days to catch targets off guard. 

As she got older and joined SHIELD, she didn't find herself enjoying holidays anymore then before with the single exception of Halloween. 

It was the one time a year where scaring people and pretending to be someone you weren't was widely accepted, in fact, it was encouraged. 

So most years, she'd pick someone to become her victim and scare the shit out of them for the week leading up to Christmas. 

Clint was normally her victim of choice but this year she had her eyes set on a new target. 

Her super soldier boyfriend who would never see her coming.

Steve didn't seem to be a fan of Halloween so that made it even more enjoyable. 

She planned out her scares, set up cameras, and made Clint swear not to tell Steve what was going on.

Then her fun began.

----------

Monday morning, Natasha woke up wrapped up in Steve's arms. 

"Good morning," He whispered, having already been awake. 

Natasha rolled over to face him, "Morning. How long have you been up?" 

Steve shrugged, leaning down to kiss her forehead. The gesture was so sweet that Natasha almost felt bad for the week of hell she was about to put him through. 

Almost. 

"Half an hour maybe," Steve said. 

Natasha raised her eyebrow, "So you've just been watching me sleep? That's creepy." 

Steve laughed quietly, "Sorry. I can't help it. You're beautiful." 

Natasha hummed quietly, moving to rest her head on his chest, "Flattery doesn't get you anywhere Rogers. It's still creepy." 

He laughed again, running his hand up and down her back soothingly, "Are you hungry? I can make some breakfast and coffee." 

Natasha could have stayed there all day but she had a plan to follow. She nodded, "I'd die for a bagel right now." 

Steve smiled, "Want me to go out and get one from the café?"

She sighed and positioned herself so that she was laying on top of Steve, "I want a bagel, but I also don't want you to go." 

Steve laughed, "I'll be quick. You don't even have to get up." 

Natasha smiled, god he was such a great guy, "Okay." 

She leaned down and kissed him for a few moments before rolling back onto the bed and pulling the covers up to her nose as Steve got up from the bed. 

"I'll be back in a few minutes," Steve said, pulling on his coat before coming back to the bed to press a final kiss on Natasha's forehead. 

"Okay. Be careful," She said. 

Steve nodded and left the room. 

Natasha quickly got out of the bed and threw on some leggings and a hoodie. 

She ran into the stairway and practically jumped down to the first floor, where she then raced into the garage that she knew Steve would be exiting from.