Beach Day

Tony plans a beach day for all the Avengers but Natasha and Steve don't realize that it's apart of a plan to get them together. 

Steve really didn't understand the appeal of beaches. 

They were hot, crowded, and led to sand getting everywhere. Not to mention, the last time he had been in the ocean, he was frozen in a block of ice for 70 years. 

He hadn't wanted to go but Tony had practically begged him to go and he figured that he would at least get a day off from training and missions. 

Not to mention, he'd get to spend the day with Natasha. 

She'd been on a mission for the past week and this little outing would be the first time he'd see her since she left.

To say that Steve had missed having her around was a huge understatement. 

They'd spent hours together every night after missions or training. Natasha was determined to catch Steve up on everything he'd missed in the 21st century, whether it be food, movies, music, or just pop culture. 

It was weird for Steve to not have her around. Even if I had just been a week. 

"You ready Cap?" Clint asked, throwing him a beach towel. 

Steve sighed, "Yeah. Are we taking the quinjet?" 

Clint shook his head, "No. Tony thinks that a road trip is good team bonding so we're all taking some mini-van he rented." 

"Isn't that like a 2 hour drive?" Steve asked. 

"Yup," Clint said.

Steve sighed again, shaking his head as he envisioned what a two hour drive in a minivan with all the avengers would be like. 

When they got down to the garage. Tony was sitting in the front seat with Peter Parker in the passenger seat. The rest of them had been packed into the back four rows and looked extremely uncomfortable.

Before Steve could process anything, Clint jumped into the van and sat down, leaving only two open seats in the very back of the van. 

Steve sighed and crawled back to the open seat.

"Where the hell is Natasha?" Tony asked, honking the horn several times in a row. 

Before anyone could answer, she walked into the garage and walked towards the car.

"You couldn't have rented a bigger van Stark?" She asked, crawling into the back and taking the last remaining spot, which was in between Steve and Thor.

Tony shook his head, "Nope." 

She rolled her eyes and got settled between the two men before looking over at Steve with a small smirk. 

"Hey," Steve said with a small smile. 

Natasha grinned, "Hi. You miss me much?" 

Steve laughed, leaning back in the seat and trying to get comfortable in the small space, "Yeah. Turns out, Sam is awful to watch movies with." 

"I could have told you that," Natasha said, looking up at where Sam was arguing with Peter about sitting up front. She looked back at Steve, "Did he talk the whole time or fall asleep and snore through it?" 

"He talked through the first half and snored through the end." 

Natasha just grinned, looking over at Steve with a smug look on her face. 

"What?" Steve asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement.

She shook her head with a smirk, "Nothing."