Quarantined

So I'm in quarantine because a girl I babysat has Covid and currently the only thing I can think about is if Natasha and Steve were separated because of some sort of quarantine. Essentially, in this one shot Natasha was exposed to an unknown virus on a mission so they quarantine her in her apartment. 

Please don't take this as me romanticizing quarantine or Covid. I take both very seriously and this is just me trying to find the good in a really unpleasant situation. Please enjoy :)

Natasha was already bored. 

She had been locked inside of her own apartment for seven hours and the fact that she couldn't leave for another 13 days was driving her insane. 

It wasn't that Natasha had a problem with isolation. She didn't. 

She had been alone for much of her childhood and even when she was with other people, she tended to separate from groups and operate on her own. 

Of course there were exceptions. She liked going to Clint's for dinner with his family when she was invited...which was most nights. She had always enjoyed training with Maria or Wanda. And there was Steve, who she had recently began seeing more and more outside of work. 

She wouldn't lie and say that she wasn't going to miss his company the most. 

She was getting ready to text him about her situation when his name popped up on her screen and her phone began to ring.

"Hello?" She answered. 

"Hey." 

Natasha couldn't help the small smile that cracked at the sound of his voice, "What's up." 

"I uh- well Clint told me what happened on your mission."

"Yeah...looks like you're gonna have to operate solo for the next two weeks," Natasha said with a small smirk, "Try not to get yourself killed while I'm gone." 

She heard Steve chuckle, "That might be quite the task. I've gotten pretty used to you watching my back." 

Natasha grinned, "Bring Sam along. I'm sure he can cover for me for a few weeks." 

"How are you doing? Sitting in a room for two weeks without a mission doesn't sound like you." 

Natasha sighed, "I made Fury agree to let me work from here. I'll be the brains behind your missions for a while." 

"You've always been the brains on our missions Nat." 

Natasha smiled, "I won't argue with that." 

Steve chuckled, "I know you can't leave your place but I'm off tonight and figured we could watch a movie..." 

Natasha raised an eyebrow, trying not to feel like a teenage girl swooning over her crush, "How do you suggest we do that." 

She looked up, hearing a knock on her window and saw Steve standing on her fire escape with a dorky grin and a bag of takeout.

"If Fury sees you, he's gonna be pissed," Natasha said with a laugh as she walked towards the window.

Steve shrugged, "Since when has that ever been a deterrent for you?" 

Natasha grinned, "Never." 

"There's takeout from that Chinese place you like outside your door. I figured you'd be hungry," Steve said, scratching the back of his neck and blushing slightly. 

Natasha laughed and walked to the door. Sure enough, right outside was a bag of takeout. 

"How'd you manage to slip past the guards in front of my floor?" Natasha asked with a small laugh.