Motel Milestones are Hard to Forget

Part three to the motel Milestones that are in the other book...can also be read as its own chapter. Natasha gives birth in motel.

Natasha Romanoff was quite possibly the most stubborn person living on Earth. 

Normally, it didn't bother Steve, he loved everything about her and that included her unmatched stubbornness, even when it went against what Steve thought. 

But now that she was pregnant, she had gotten worse and Steve wasn't quite sure how to handle it. 

She refused to take time off from work despite being pregnant. 

Now, Steve and Fury had both refused to let her in the field, but she still followed the avengers wherever they went. 

Steve had started wearing a small camera in his suit so Natasha would book a nearby hotel, grab her laptop and watch the mission, tuning into the communications as well so that she could continue to help with missions. 

Even now, when she was nine months pregnant. 

"Natasha are you sure you should come this time?" Steve asked. 

Natasha gave him a short glare, "I'm not going to sit around here while you and the others take down a drug cartel that I've been tracking for several years." 

"I know Nat, but the only thing around is a 2 star motel, and your due date is in two weeks. What if you go into labor and no one is there?" 

Natasha rolled her eyes, "You'll be nearby and I'll be fine. We've stayed in worse places before. It's a short mission." 

Steve sighed, "I'm not going to be able to convince you not to come, am I?" 

Natasha continued packing her things, "Nope." 

"You're the most stubborn woman I have ever met," He said with a small laugh, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her and resting his hands on her stomach. 

Natasha smiled and craned her neck to look back and up at him, "And yet you still married me."

Steve chuckled, leaning down to kiss her softly, "That I did." 

She finished packing all of her stuff and walked aside Steve as they went to the quinjet. 

They landed and Steve and Natasha drove to check in at the motel. It was much less suspicious to check in as a married couple whose car had broken down on the highway. 

"You sure you're going to be alright?" Steve asked, not wanting to leave Natasha alone. 

Natasha nodded, "I'll be fine. I promise. You're the one running into gunfire tonight." 

Steve laughed, "That's fair." 

Natasha winced as she felt a small cramp. Steve's eyebrows furrowed in concern, "What?" 

She shook her head, "It's nothing. Just a cramp. Probably Braxton Hicks."

Steve frowned, "Are you sure?" 

She nodded, "Yes. Now go. You're going to blow the operation if you're late." 

"Alright, alright." 

Natasha pulled him down to her for a short kiss, "Promise me you'll be careful? I'll kill you if you leave me alone to raise this baby." 

Steve chuckled, "I promise." 

"Alright now go, you really are going to be late," Natasha said with a laugh. 

Steve grinned, pulling away, "Okay, I'm going. I'll see you soon alright? I love you."