-04- 🌕 Tied To Someone Else

"You say you'd rather be alone. 'Cause you think you won't find it tied to someone else."
~Ben Platt, 'Grow As We Go'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

"The person you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time. Please leave a message after—"

"Damn it, Type," I sigh, hanging up the phone. For the past two weeks, Type has been avoiding me completely. He won't answer my calls. He won't come to the door when I'm waiting outside for him. I understand that Type needs time to process everything, but it's been two weeks. I need him. Not only because he's my mate, but because he's my best friend and I miss him.

My wolf has been restless ever since Type stormed away from me that day in the forest. It's getting closer to that time of the month. And no, I don't mean the week where females are more in tune with the moon or whatever. While this is dictated by the Moon, it's a bit more torturous — especially without having your mate by your side.

Each month after finding our mates, wolves go through heat. To put it bluntly, it's a three day period where our wolves become sexually ravenous, and the intense desire to be with our mate is enough to drive someone crazy.

Until the mating process is completed, wolves continue to hit their heat each month. The mating process isn't simply sex, although that's what clouds our minds. To complete the mating process, we have to mark our mates by sinking our teeth into the crook of their neck at the point of climax.

Just thinking about sinking my fangs into Type's neck while I'm deep inside of him makes my cock twitch. Fuck, I'm eager to be with him.

Since I discovered Type is my mate a while ago, I've been hitting my heat alone. Well... mostly. But that was a one time mistake; an itch I stupidly scratched when my heat first hit and I didn't know how to handle it.

Anyway, Type's heat will be in sync with mine. All mate pairs hit their heats at the same time each month. If both partners are in heat, they're more likely to complete the mating process. The Moon doesn't make mistakes, so it makes sense that she would want us to mark our mates as soon as possible.

I've been able to track when I'll hit my heat, and it's scheduled to hit in two days. I've been desperately trying to contact Type, and that desperation has been growing the closer we get to our heat. The last thing I want is to have Type be in pain because he's trying to handle his heat alone. Or worse — he continues to ignore me and I only see him when he wants a quick fuck. I want more than that. I want a relationship.

I dial the only other person that is close enough to Type to know how he's doing. The phone rings for only a few seconds before the call is answered.

"Hello?" Techno says on the other end of the line.

"Hey, No. Have you heard from Type?" I ask.

Techno is silent for a moment before he answers slowly. "I don't really want to get in the middle of this."

"So he did tell you," I state, not really as a question.

"Maybe we should meet in person. I don't feel comfortable talking about this over the phone."

"Fine. Meet me at our regular coffee shop in an hour," I say before hanging up. With a sigh, I run my hand over my face. The fact that the only way to reach my best friend and mate is through our mutual friend is really frustrating.

I hop in the shower to freshen up before going out to meet with Techno. Upon arriving at the coffee shop, I see Techno already parked at a table in the back corner.