-15- 🌘 Where You Belong

"I know you haven't made your mind up yet, but I would never do you wrong. I've known it from the moment that we met, no doubt in my mind where you belong."
~Adele, 'Make You Feel My Love'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

"Holy crap."

Type gapes at our surroundings, his eyes wide with awe. He looks around at the large hotel suite I reserved for us at the resort. I smile as I watch him, feeling glad and slightly relieved that he likes it.

 I smile as I watch him, feeling glad and slightly relieved that he likes it

"This is where we're staying?" He asks in disbelief, and I nod my head. "How can you afford this?"

"I'm the son of an Alpha. The next leader of our pack. If I want to spoil my mate, then I get to spoil my mate," I boast confidently. Type slowly nods his head, still in awe and I lean over to press a kiss to his temple. "Come on, let's put our bags away."

After we finish unpacking, I drag Type away from the suite and to the resort. He was reluctant to leave the luxurious room, but as soon as I mentioned getting food, he was practically skipping to the nearest restaurant.

I chose a place I knew Type would love. Their specialty items are all spicy foods, which are Type's favorites. I stick to raw fish, as the spicier meals upset my stomach.

Type munches happily on the meal I bought him, making my stomach roar with butterflies at the relaxed smile on his face. It's been a long time since I've seen Type look this happy and relaxed around me.

After we finish eating, I lead Type to our next destination. Upon our arrival, Type has the biggest smile on his face when we realizes what we're doing.

"Zip lining??" Type asks excitedly. His moon-shaped eyes are wide and bright with excitement, and I chuckle. "How'd you know I've always wanted to try this?"

"I'm your best friend," I feign offense. "Do you think I don't know what makes my mate happy? You were the one always dragging me along on crazy adventures when we were kids. Of course I know that you like this kind of stuff."

Type stares at me with a blank expression, but I can see the pinkening of his cheeks and the emotions swirling behind his eyes. He's touched, but is too shy to say anything. At least, to my face.

"Are you two here for zip lining?" The woman working the station asks.

"Yes, I have a reservation for two zip liners. My name is Tharn," I inform her. She scans the list on her clipboard with her finger until she lands on my name.

"Ah, yes! Two for a Mr. Tharn.... Now, who is going first?"

I nod towards Type, who beams at me joyfully. As the woman helps get him strapped into his harness, Type get barely hold still because he's so eager to fly through the sky. I chuckle at his childlike behavior, finding it absolutely adorable.