-10- 🌗 Make Me Sweat

"You can touch me with slow hands. Speed it up, baby, make me sweat."
~Demi Lovato, 'Body Say'

~~~

*Type's POV*

"That was the last time, Tharn. I mean it," I insist, buttoning my denim pants.

Tharn smirks as he tugs his shirt back down. "Whatever you say."

"I'm serious. We're not doing this again."

"You've said that every time for the past five months, and yet... here we are," Tharn teases. With a mischievous grin, Tharn leans in closer to me. I glare at him and shove him away. Tharn chuckles and finishes redressing. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

I hum and nod my head. "Yeah. But I'm just going for the pack. Not for anything else."

"Of course," Tharn inclines his head, but there's a mischievous glint in his eyes that tells me he doesn't believe me. I glare at him and throw a pillow from my bed at his face. He laughs and catches the pillow, throwing it back at me. He finally leaves the room, and I release a deep sigh I didn't know I was holding. I flop back onto my bed, wincing at the slight pain in my hips brought on after our third round earlier.

Annoyance presses heavily on my chest. Tharn's cockiness is irritating, but he does have a point. I do tend to say each time is the last time, but we always find our way back to each other during our heats. Ever since I gave in that first time five months ago, my body has instinctively craved Tharn every time my heat rolls around. It's not like I want to give into him. I'm still not okay with having a guy as my mate. But until I can figure out how to sever the mate bond without causing either of us pain, I have to deal with the fact that my heat makes me crave Tharn's touch. We're just... scratching an itch. Having sex so that our heats won't reach unbearable levels.

It's temporary.

....Right.

Luckily, today is the last day of our heats for this month. We're having a gathering of our friends within our pack tomorrow, and I'd really rather not have to deal with my cock pitching a tent inside my shorts while all my friends are watching. Nothing says 'awkward' like sporting a boner in the middle of the pack house.

It's been a while since our friends got together to hang out. School started back up a few months ago, which has kept us all busy. I still see Techno at the university, considering we're both studying law. Law wasn't my first choice for a major, but my dad convinced me to give it a try. While most wolves have their roles in the pack set out for them, as an omega, I don't. A male omega is pretty rare. Most omegas are women, and their roles are to provide children for the pack. Since I'm a guy, I don't have that ability; therefore, I don't have a role. My dad said it would be smart for me to study law and get a job as the pack lawyer. He also hinted that as the future Luna, I wouldn't have to worry about getting a job. But I brushed off his comment. Tharn and I may be fucking, but we're not in love, and I'm certainly not going to be his Luna. So, that lead to me signing up to study law.

Besides, I think I would like being a lawyer. Arguing is one of my favorite pastimes.

I roll onto my side on the bed and breathe in, accidentally catching a whiff of Tharn's scent on my pillow. There's a strange tingly sensation in my stomach. Huh, weird. Must be because I'm still in heat. The scent is comforting, and I find myself keeping my face buried in my sheets until I can finally fall asleep.

***

"Type! You made it!" A voice calls out. I look up to see Champ making his way over to me with a goofy grin on his face. Our gathering is at our pack house, and all of our friends are animatedly chatting.