-27- 🌓 Wrapped Up In You

"I heat up the seconds, times and reasons for your love. This is not the season for nobody else but us.
I always get wrapped up in you, baby, I'm in love."
~Alicia Keys, 'Show Me Love'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

As eager as I am to throw Type in the backseat of the car and show him how much I've missed him, I know we have a few pitstops to make before any of that happens. I detach myself from Type, unable to wipe away the large grin on my face.

"Oh wait, I almost forgot," I say as Type is reaching for the door handle. His movements stop as he looks up at me. "What happened back there? Why wouldn't you try to fight back? You let that wolf pin you down without an argument. And I don't want to hear any bullshit about him being stronger than you. You could have still fought against him. But you just let him tackle you. Care to explain?"

Type smirks, amusement shining in his eyes. "You were losing the fight. It seemed to me like you need some.... extra motivation to kick their asses."

I stare at him, completely dumbfounded, before bursting out into laughter. Type looks at me like a I grew a second head as I gasp for air between laughs.

"You were upset that I put myself in danger to get your attention," I say, still chuckling, "but you just did the exact same thing! You put yourself in danger to get a reaction out of me!" I keep laughing at the irony of the situation until Type is smiling to himself.

"I guess so... looks like we both took extreme measures today," Type grins.

"That's why the Moon made you my mate," I scoot closer to him and nuzzle my nose against his cheek. "She knew we are the same amount of crazy."

Type turns his head, and all the laughter is sucked out of my lungs. His lips hover over mine, his breath softly brushing my lips. A whimper escapes me as I ache to lean towards him and taste those lips I have missed so much. I tilt my head one way as Type tilts his head the opposite way. His lips brush against mine, leaning in and pulling back, making me yearn for more.

"We can't," he whispers against my lips.

"Why not?" I whine, refusing to pull away.

"Because, as much as I want to feel your thick cock messing me up," Type purrs, making me growl low in my throat. "I'm not too keen on having sex in the driveway. In broad daylight. When your family is right inside."

I groan, knowing he's right, yet so ready to say 'fuck it' and tackle my mate with love and affection. We reluctantly climb out of the car with me holding tightly to Type's hand. He smiles at me as we walk to the front door. As soon as we walk in, my parents practically jump on Type, asking him a million questions. Not out of anger, but out of worry and relief. He apologizes profusely to them for vanishing without saying anything to them and my mom pulls him in for a tight hug.

Footsteps are heard coming down the stairs, and I turn my head to see Thorn coming down with Lhong right behind him. I wince, not prepared for what's about to happen.

'Type!" My brother exclaims as he rushes towards us. He pulls up short, looking like he wants to hug Type but is restraining himself, gauging Type's reaction. Type smiles warmly at him, and Thorn relaxes.

"Hey, Thorn. I'm glad to see you," Type says, and this time Thorn doesn't hesitate to throw his arms around Type. Type chuckles and hugs him back. Thorn pulls back, eyes shinning with happiness. Lhong clears his throat uncomfortably, making Type snap his eyes to him.

Oh fuck.

I wait for Type to do something, anything, but he doesn't make any movements besides his hands curling into fists. The three of us watch Type wearily as he stares back at Lhong with a hardened expression.