-11- 🌗 Get In My Way

"How come I'm the only one who ever seems to get in my way? Lately, I've been fucking up a good thing any chance I can get."
~Lewis Capaldi, 'Maybe'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

"Hey, Tharn!"

I turn around to see Techno bounding down the university hall towards me. I'm a little surprised to see him in the business faculty, considering the law faculty is on the other side of campus. He's sporting his typical wide grin, which makes his dark brown eyes sparkle.

"Hey, No," I greet him. "You seem really chipper today. What's up?"

Techno shrugs as he walks along side me. "Nothing in particular. Just glad to see you."

"Me?" I narrow my eyes in suspicion. I stop walking and face him. "What do you want?"

Techno's jaw drops in false shock, and he places a hand on his chest. "That's hurtful, Tharn. Can't I just be happy to see my future alpha?"

His future alpha? He's kissing up to me... Yup, he's definitely up to something.

I roll my eyes. "Sure, I'll play along. How are you today, No?"

"I'm good, I'm good," he nods. "Kinda hungry..."

Aaaaand, there it is.

"You want me to buy you lunch," I deadpan.

Techno tries to appear offended at my accusation, but he can't help the mischievous smile spreading across his lips. "I was just going to see if you needed a lunch buddy. Our future alpha shouldn't be eating alone."

"Hmmm... I don't have a problem with eating alone," I say, making Techno stick his bottom lip put in a pout. I chuckle at his childish behavior and lightly hit his shoulder. "Come on, I'll buy you some food."

Techno instantly brightens. He skips next to me the entire way to my faculty's cafeteria. As soon as we arrive, Techno hops in line and starts ordering enough food to feed three people. I hold back an eye roll. My position in the pack puts plenty of funds at my disposal. It's not an issue for me to pay for Techno's food, but it does get a little annoying that he only wants to hang out when he wants me to buy him something.

The only person who hasn't taken advantage of my money is Type. Then again, Type isn't one to be dependent on anyone. It took a while for his own parents to convince him to let them pay for his tuition. He agreed, but only on the condition that he could move into a dorm on campus and be more independent that way.

Part of me wonders if it's because he's an omega, and he wants to prove he's independent and can do things on his own. An omega is considered the lowest position of the pack. And to make things even more uncomfortable for him, Type is the only male omega in our pack. I've heard of guys being omegas, but it's really rare. In fact, Type is the only male omega I've met, and I've met a lot of other packs. The other omegas have all been women who are responsible for providing children for the pack.

I've never seen Type as just an omega, though. He's always been so much more to me than his status in our pack. He's my best friend, my lover, my mate. Although, Type would surely punch me in the mouth if he heard me calling him my lover.

Speaking of... it's been another month since we've had sex. We should be reaching our heats any day now, and the thought has my nether regions stirring. I clear my throat and shake my head, not wanting to get hard in the middle of the cafeteria.

Once we have our food, we pick an empty table and set our trays down. Techno sits across from me, happily diving into his insanely large meal.

"Techno!" A voice calls out. We both turn our heads in the direction of the voice. A tall guy with bleach blonde hair and a few ear piercings approaches our table. I recognize him as Tum, a beta from Lhong's pack.