-08- 🌖 Lips Pressed In My Neck

"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed in my neck. I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet."
~Ed Sheeran, 'Kiss Me'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

My initial response was to freeze.

Just a few days ago, Type was screaming at me to get out of his house. Now, he's kneeling in front of me, willingly kissing me.

A flurry of emotions sweeps through me: confusion, relief, pain, joy, hesitancy, love. I feel so overwhelmed all these feelings that I freeze in my spot, trying to process what's happening.

Type is kissing me.

Type. Is kissing. Me.

...and I'm just sitting still like a complete idiot.

I wrap my arms around Type's waist, and the suddenness of my action makes him gasp. I use the opportunity to slide my tongue past his lips. Type releases a melodic groan into my mouth, which makes my heat flare.

My heat had been extremely painful the past few days. I was hard as a fucking rock, with no way to relieve myself. And I wasn't able to resort to the same shameful method I had used in the past. Not again.

I was going insane. The only thing that cut through the intense cravings of my heat was the voice of Techno coming in through the mind link.

'Tharn!!' Techno had shouted. 'Is Type with you?'

The mention of my mate's name made my ears perk up, and my wolf whine. 'Type? No, he's not. Why? What's wrong?'

'He called out to me through the mind link,' Techno said frantically. 'I think he's in trouble. He mentioned something about some wolves and the forest behind his house, but he got cut off.'

A growl rumbled in my chest, both out of anger and fear. Type went into the forest during his heat? Was he crazy? Didn't he know that his scent would attract other wolves? Fuck, with how deliciously strong his scent was, it's no wonder a group of wolves found him.

'I'll find him,' I responded as I ran out of my house, towards the forest. 'I'll bring him back.' I didn't bother listening to Techno's reply. My focus was on Type, and how he was in a dangerous situation.

Shit. Shit! Type, please be okay. Please.

Once I reached the forest, I shifted without breaking my sprint. My clothes tore, and scraps of fabric fell to the ground. But I didn't care. I was too focused on tracking the scent of my mate.

It didn't take long for me to pick up on Type's scent. With the heat, his scent was extremely strong. That, and the plus that I could smell the fear rolling off of him, making his scent even stronger.

When I saw those four wolves cornering Type, I saw red. Forgotten was my heat, and the argument I had with Type a few days prior. The only thing on my mind was the fact that my mate was hurt by some stray bastards.

And god, did I want to tear them apart for even thinking about touching my mate. If Type hadn't stopped me, I would be drenched in their blood right now, and I would be relishing that feeling.

Instead, Type brushed his fingers through my fur, instantly calming me. Once I had reigned in my anger, I leaned down to lap at the wound on Type's leg. The wound gradually shrank down until it was barely a scratch. As an alpha, I have the ability to heal. It's come in handy for our past alphas in times of battle. We're able to heal and protect our soldiers, our pack.