-37- 🌕 Wherever I Go

"So please keep loving me, because our hearts speak fluently. Wherever I go, whatever I do, the map on my heart leads to you. So baby, please keep loving me."
~James TW, 'Please Keep Loving Me'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

| Five years later |

I lean against the doorframe, admiring the spectacular beauty that I have the honor of calling my mate. Even after being together for six years, I still can't believe how lucky I am.

Type stands in front of a full-length mirror, nervously running his hands over his clothes and smoothing out nonexistent wrinkles. His slender fingers move up to his hair, pushing any stray strands into place. Beyond his nervous movements, I can see something more.

Excitement and pride glows in his eyes. We've both been looking forward to this day for many years, but I know it's different for Type. I always knew this day would happen for me, but Type began to prepare for it only a few years ago.

The day we both officially become the Alphas of the Golden Moon Pack.

Being born an Alpha, I knew from a young age that I would one day take over the pack. But Type was born an omega; the lowest status among wolves. Yet, that title never mattered to me. Type was always Type, no matter what. And today, he finally gets to shed his former title of omega and take on the one of Alpha, in front of every single person who ever thought of him as weak.

And I couldn't be more fucking proud to be by his side.

| Flashback - 20 years ago |

"Tharn, there's someone we want you to meet," my mom said to me. "Years ago, a dear friend of mine moved away from our pack to be closer to her sick mother. She's recently moved back with her family, and they have a son your age. He could be a good friend to you. Would you like to meet him?"

I smiled widely. "Yeah!"

My mom took my hand, leading me out of my room and into the living room. I saw two grown-ups talking to my dad, and a smaller boy like me sitting on the ground.

I ran over to him, startling him with my overeager attitude. "Hi! I'm Tharn!"

"I'm Type," he said, straightening his back.

"Wanna come play in my room?" I asked, ignoring his obvious glare.

"Sure."

I grinned and grabbed his arm, pulling him behind me up the stairs. I closed the door behind us, proudly beaming while showing off my room and my toys.

"I know why you brought me up here," Type said, his small fists clenched at his side.

"Huh?"

"You wanted to brag about being an Alpha," Type jammed a finger at my chest accusingly. "You wanted to make fun of me for being an omega! Everyone makes fun of me!"

"N-No I didn't!" I stuttered, eyes wide. "I didn't know you were an omega!"

He stopped, tilting his head to the side in a way I secretly found adorable.

But don't tell him that.

"You didn't smell it on me?" He questioned suspiciously.

I shook my head. "My dad said wolves should sniff each other to find out what kind of wolf they are, but I don't really like to."

"Why not?"