-35- 🌕 Stars Are Above You

[A/N - Don't play the song above until it says to in the story 💕]

"How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you, and longer if I can."
~Ellie Goulding, 'How Long Will I Love You'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

"What the fuck..." Type grumbles in his sleep. I hold back my laughter, continuing to blow lightly into his ear. He scrunches his nose adorably, rolling over in an attempt to escape.

"Time to get up, pup," I whisper, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Nooooooo," he whines, burying his face in his pillow. I chuckle, pressing more kisses to the top of his head.

"You don't want to spend your entire birthday in bed, do you?"

Type rolls back over, looking at me with furrowed brows. "It's my birthday?"

"You forgot?" I laugh at my mate. Type purses his lips.

"We've been busy lately," he argues groggily. "I haven't really given it much thought."

"Well, get up. It's my mate's birthday, and I want to spend the day pampering you. I've drawn a hot bath for you, and I'll have breakfast ready when you get out."

A smile slowly spreads across Type's lips. He sits up and stretches before pressing a quick kiss to my cheek.

"Join me?"

I grin, scooping him up in my arms and carrying him bridal-style to the bathroom. Type may never admit it, but I can tell by his secret little smile and the way he holds onto my neck that he loves when I carry him. I carefully set him down, not letting go until his bare feet touch the tile floor.

Type looks around at the setup, his smile widening. Candles are lined up on the counters, illuminating the bathroom. The soft glow reflects on the bubbles in the tub. I pull my phone out, turning the volume all the way up and pressing shuffle on the playlist I had chosen specifically for my mate.

I help him get undressed before he does the same for me. My eyes take in his naked form that always seems to render me speechless. He's slender, but not small in any way. I follow the soft definitions of his muscles from his chest to his abdomen with my fingertips before intertwining my fingers with his.

Holding Type's hand, I help keep him balanced as he steps into the tub. I climb in behind him, letting him nestle between my legs and lay his head back on my shoulder.

"Wouldn't today also be kind of like our anniversary?" Type asks as I gently scrub his arms with a soapy washcloth. "It's been a year since I discovered you're my mate."

"I always thought our anniversary would be when we finally marked each other," I say thoughtfully. "Or maybe the first time we had sex. Even though you were still playing hard to get, saying every time would be the last time. And would you look where we are now," I tease, nipping at his mark and making him shiver.

"Who says we can only have one anniversary? I vote we celebrate all of our milestones," Type offers.

"Mmm, I like the sound of that. I'd celebrate every single thing with you, baby. I'm so thankful you came into my life when we were kids. From being my best friend, to being my mate, my lover, my everything. Thank you for giving me a chance to love you. Thank you for loving me in return."

Type turns around to look at me, his dark eyes shining with adoration. "I love you so much, Tharn."

"I love you too, Type. Always and forever."