-25- 🌒 The Man That Left My Bed

"I'm sorry to my future love, for the man that left my bed, for making love the way I saved for you inside my head."
~Demi Lovato, 'Sober'

~~~

*Tharn's POV*

The commotion of voices flies past my ears as the pack frantically discusses our next course of action. The living room of our pack house is filled with the higher ranking members of the pack, as well as a few warriors. Team, Champ, and Techno stand behind their parents, who are chattering anxiously. My attention fades in and out of the conversation, mainly focusing whenever my father is speaking because it's usually something important.

"Calm down, everyone," dad says to the group of frantic wolves. "Our best chance of eradicating this issue is if we stay calm and stick together."

"Oh yeah? How exactly do you plan on 'eradicating this issue'?" A member of the pack shouts out. "It's been two weeks and we haven't made any progress!"

His words cut me to the quick.

Two weeks.
Two weeks since Lhong warned my dad about Zen's plans for war, and how he was behind Thorn's attack.
Two weeks since Lhong, Tum, and Tum's mate have been holding up in our pack for protection after betraying their own pack for our sake.
Two weeks since Zen sent his first group of wolves to attack us; attacks that have grown more and more frequent.

Two weeks since I've seen or heard from my mate.

And not from lack of trying, either. Type has been blocking our mind link, preventing me from reaching out to him. He's also blocked out the pack mind link, as Techno informed me, so I doubt he even knows what's been going on in the pack.

But my main concern is wondering where the hell he is. Is he safe? Is he eating enough? Who is he with? Is he alone, or does he have someone there he can talk to?

"Lhong," my father says calmly, despite the tension in the room. "I believe you told me you had an idea."

Lhong nods his head, inhaling a deep breath. He stands from his spot on the couch next to Thorn, who has been tightly clutching his hand. The news of them being mates could not have come at a worse time. Right when the Silver Sun Pack attacks our pack, it's announced that their future Alpha is mated to the son of our current Alpha. The pack went ballistic. A few have been kind and supportive, but the majority has been accusing Lhong of being a spy and using Thorn as a pawn in the war. The accusations haven't seemed to faze Thorn, however. He still proudly holds Lhong's hand, making it known that he has no intention of sending his mate packing.

I, for one, am not entirely sure how I feel about Thorn and Lhong being mates. Obviously, the Moon Goddess destined them to be together and I'm not going to protest that, but....

It's still pretty fucking awkward.

Especially since I've been avoiding the pair ever since Type disappeared. I know Lhong had something to do with Type finding out. He's been trying to speak with me for the past two weeks, but I've been avoiding him like the plague. I wouldn't have even known Thorn and Lhong are mates if they hadn't told my mom, who turned around and told me. I know Thorn is upset that I won't talk to Lhong, but I think he would be even more upset by what would happen if I let Lhong get too close. Something tells me that Thorn wouldn't appreciate me punching his mate in the face.

"Zen's power comes from his supporters," Lhong announces to the group of wolves. "He has the support of many members of the pack, as well as some rogues."

Murmuring breaks out among the wolves at the mention of rogues. I see fear and concern passing along their faces, knowing how unpredictable rogues can be.