-19- 🌑 Run Into My Arms

"And when you're weak I'll be strong. I'm gonna keep holding on. Now don't you worry, it won't be long, darling. And when you feel like hope is gone, just run into my arms."
~Charlie Puth, 'One Call Away'

~~~

*Type's POV*

"Thorn? What about him?"

My head snaps up at the concern in Tharn's voice regarding his younger brother. I've known Thorn for as long as I've known Tharn. Granted, we weren't as close growing up as I was with Tharn, but I still see him as a little brother. Hell, I guess he is kinda like my little brother now, with Tharn and I being mates and all...

Tharn listens intently to his father over the phone, his brows furrowing and his eyes darkening. It takes everything within me to not use my wolf abilities to eavesdrop. I don't want to disrespect his privacy. If Tharn wants to tell me, he'll tell me.

But if he doesn't tell me, that doesn't mean I won't try to make him tell me. Thankfully, Tharn has always been really honest with me about everything, so I know I won't have to pry it out of him.

That's one of the things I love most about Tharn.
I never have to wonder if he's telling me the truth or not; Tharn is the most honest person I know.

After a few minutes, Tharn hangs up the phone. The squeezes the device in his hands, and I can hear the creaking of the poor phone nearly breaking. I place my hand over his, and feel Tharn relax under my touch.

"What is it?" I question gently. "Is something wrong with Thorn?"

"We need to go," Tharn mumbles, standing up from the bed to grab our suitcases and shove our clothes inside. I watch him as he anxiously paces around the room, gathering up all our belongings and stuffing them recklessly into our bags.

"Tharn," I call out again. "Talk to me. What happened?"

Again, no answer. It isn't until then that I notice Tharn's hands are shaking. I stand up quickly, making my way over to him. I place my hands on his cheeks, and Tharn stills his frantic movements.

"Tharn," I say, much softer this time. "It's okay. I'm here."

Those words break something in Tharn, and he releases a heavy, shaky breath. Tears fill his eyes, and he grasps my arms for support.

"Thorn," Tharn finally chokes out. "My dad said Thorn wanted to surprise everyone by coming home without prior announcement. And apparently, he didn't want to risk entering through the front of the pack, because he knew everyone would see him and ruin the surprise. So he cut through the forest on the neutral territory between our pack and the Silver Sun Pack. He..." Tharn pauses to draw in a breath, "he was attacked by some wolves. He called out to my dad through our pack mind link, but by the time my dad got there, the wolves were gone and Thorn was already heavily injured."

"Holy shit," I breathe out. "Is he okay?"

Tharn shakes his head. "They don't know yet. He was conscious when my dad found him, which is how my dad found out what happened. The pack doctor gave him some medicine for the pain while they work on healing him, and it made him pass out. My dad said they're still assessing him to figure out how bad the damage is."

"What about the wolves that attacked him? Does your dad know who they are?"

"It would be impossible to find out since my dad didn't get a chance to see them. He said their scent wasn't familiar, so they weren't a part of our pack. And it was on neutral territory, so there's no telling what pack they're from, or if they're rogues."