Found

"I'm sure I heard the sobs coming from over here" you whispered, as you wandered through the dense woods just behind the grey terminal. Why were you there? quiet simple really, you were trying to find some berries for the new sweet treats you were baking.

You're an orphan child with a lot of freedom. You believe in hard work so you earn money by helping out in the Foosha village bakery; this consisted of cleaning to running errands and baking. The owners are sweet so on top of your wage you get to eat any leftover bread, cakes, cookies, and tarts. Unfortunately, they had just run out of berries so you were tasked with finding some new ones. However, as you were doing that you heard a loud crash and some sort of wailing which was then proceeded by another loud crash. And finally, more wailing which then became sobbing.

"Hello... is anybody there?"

You were only answered with more sobs. 'you know you could always just ignore it (y/n) and go about your day' you instantly brushed away the thought, shaking your head in disappointment that you even considered the idea. If someone is in trouble then you should at least help, right?

You pushed through a couple more bushes, but what you saw was not exactly what you expected. A small kid, maybe your age, sat against a tree sobbing into an oversized straw hat. in attempts to hide his tears he had pulled it over his face. You made your way to him and upon closer inspection, he was covered in small cuts and bruises. You cringed, never liking the idea of violence.

'Ok, who is this kid? What is he doing here? Where are his parents? How did he get those injuries? Did he fall?' Your mind was racing and it took you approximately 30 seconds to recover. 'Focus (y/n), he needs medical attention.''And I need answers' responded my internal thoughts.

"um... excuse me ...? ... are you ok?" you mentally facepalmed, 'of course he's not ok you complete fool.'

"*hic* I'm not *hic* I'm not crying *hic* and I'm very strong! *hic*" the little boy managed to get out between sniffles.

"of course! I can see that.... which is why I'm giving you this" you said trying to play along whilst reaching into your backpack.

curiosity seemed to pique the boy's interest. He was no longer crying. instead, he seemed fixated on what you were about to pull out of your bag. "Ah-ha!" you exclaimed as you whipped out a chocolate chip cookie.

'Wait what if he's not impressed and doesn't want it?' you swiveled around only to see said boy dribbling with bright stars in his eyes. 'Nevermind.'

"I can really have it?" said the boy in partially in disbelief, eyes still dancing at the sight of the cookie. "Sure... uh" "Luffy! And I'm gonna be king of the pirates" he said eyes still glued to the cookie 'wow this kid has guts' "well sure Luffy but only if you let me help you with those cuts and bruises"

"DEAL!" he yelled stretching his arms, snatching the sweet treat from my grasp. The quick action caused you to yelp and fall to the ground. "shishishi you're hilarious" he giggled.

"Y-you j-just stretched...like SUPER stretched" you stuttered

"Yup! I'm a rubber guy cause I ate the gumo gumo no mi shishsishi" Luffy explained whilst pulling his face for demonstration.

"R-right... o-ok well as long as it was supposed to happen... I guess?" you managed whilst internally screaming 'WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO!!! no no no calm down (y/n) he doesn't seem like such a bad person...you can still do this.' You decided to shuffle beside him (against all better judgment) and get a better look at his minor injuries. After a few minutes of inspection, you made reached into your backpack to pull out a few medical supplies you had originally brought for yourself in case of an emergency. 'I guess this suffices as an emergency' In the corner of your eye you could see Luffy pouting, a little disappointed it wasn't another cookie you pulled from your backpack.

"I'll give you another one if you sit still and let me finish," you said beginning to clean his cuts

"Really!?! You're sooo nice and kind" Luffy's eyes sparkling even more.

"Yeah yeah just hold still" you breathed 'what is he a puppy'

[A few minutes later]

"All done!" you exclaimed beaming proudly at your handy work. "and here's your cookie as promised" you handed him the sugary treat then nibbled on your own, you'd definitely earned it.

"Thwank shou fwo da food!" he muffled through a cookie. The action making you laugh. "Those cookies are delicious" he sighed.

"I'm glad you liked them Luffy, I made them myself" you commented

"I feel so much better now, you're even better than Sabo when it comes to the health stuff" Luffy laughed whilst standing and stretching.

"Sabo?" you questioned

"yeah, Sabo! he's my brother. He's smart and strong but not as strong as Ace"

"Ace?" at this point your head was spinning at the new information you were trying to take in

"Yeah, Ace! he's my other brother he's cool and really strong. I lost to him today but soon I'll beat him next time for sure!" He yelled, fist-pumping the air. " I can't wait for you to meet them! Can you give them some cookies too!"

'I'm sorry, but when was that on the table!' "Meet them! Bake! Luffy I ca-" before you could protest you were interrupted by two new voices and the rustling of bushes. Both gradually making their way closer.

"OI LUFFY!"

"LUFFY! WHERE ARE YOU? *sigh* why did you have to throw him so far Ace he's still young"

"OI YOU TRYNA SAY THIS IS MY FAULT SABO"

"It is your fault Ace and stop shouting at me"

"NO WAY HE'S JUST TOO WEAK! LUFFY COME ON! WE STILL HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO-"

At that moment two pairs of eyes landed on you and Luffy. You never would've guessed that this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship and more.

Hello, my darling readers, this is Author speaking, I am without doubt the least qualified person to write a story but I still want to give it a shot. If you have any criticisms please don't hesitate (and I already know how trash my grammar is so pls bear with me.) I'm writing this for you just as much as I am for me ;) Have a nice day