Since we've been Parted

'He's changed...' you smiled.

Only now were you taking in the other details about him. He was only wearing an orange cowboy hat on his back and some black shorts.

'Where the hell did his top go?'

He had two tattoos. One which you'd assumed was his crew and the other was A.S.C.E with the S crossed out. He also had on a strong of red beads. He was much taller than you now, and definitely much stronger compared to when you were kids. But he still felt as warm as he had before, if not, warmer.

*Cough* *Cough*

In the distance you could see Ace's friends waiting for you both to finish. You'd completely forgotten about the other people on the beach with you. Your face flushed from pure embarrassment.

'Oh my gosh I can't believe I just cried in front of strangers! I look like a mess after chasing the paper! And Ace is still holding me!' You internally screamed

"Go and die in your own time old man" Ace grumbled loudly, still face buried in your neck.

"Rude yoi! We came here to support you" he said.

"I never asked you to come!" Ace whipped his head around and growled.

"Leave them be Marco. Look! You're embarrassing her!" Thatch gestured to your very red face.

"A-Ace... c-can you put me down?" You muttered patting his shoulder.

"Hmmm.... Nah!" He grinned.

'Did I say he's changed, never mind' you sighed

"P-Please Ace...I promise I won't leave" you reassured.

He searched your eyes and then gently set you down on the sand. You smiled up at him then turned to his supposed friends who now approached you.

"I'm really sorry that you've had to see me in such a state without proper introduction. My name is (Y/n)! I want to thank you for looking after Ace in the time that I couldn't. I know he's a handful but he's very important to me... so please continue to look after him" you bowed towards his friends.

"(Y/n)..." Ace whined quietly.

"Whoa Whoa Whoa...! Ace how did you manage to get such a polite young lady like her." Thatch said in disbelief. "And hide her for this long!"

"Not just that-yoi! She's gorgeous! No wonder you didn't want us to come! Trying to keep her all to yourself!" He smirked and grabbed your hand. "Please tell me, what are your thoughts on dating older men"

You were now one with the tomatoes.

"W-Wait what?!... I-I... W-Well I... uh" you stuttered.

'This man is soo smooth! How do I even respond to a question like that?!' Your head spun.

"Hey! Stop that! You're being rude!" Thatch said "At least introduce yourself before you start making advances to her"

"You're right... I'm very sorry about that (y/n). My name is Marco and I am the 1st division commander of the Whitebeard pirates. It's a pleasure to meet you-yoi." He kissed your hand whilst keeping direct eye-contact.