Waves of Emotions

"Ms (y/n)!!! Are they ready?"
"Can we eat yet!?"
"They smell so good Ms (y/n)! Give us some!"

"Boys calm down! We still have a few more minutes to go before the sweet buns are done." You sighed whilst muttering under your breath "geez you three are almost as demanding as Luffy."

It's been 9 years since the death of Sabo and your kidnapping. Not one day has passed where you haven't thought about your friends. Ace... Luffy... Dandan... your grandfather... and Sabo. You missed them all so much. Each night you would pray for their safety whilst clutching onto the origami vivre.

"Oh c'mon Ms (y/n)! We're starving over here! Can't you just take them out now?" Whined one of the boys.

"No means no Liam. So deal with it." You turned on your heel and continued to clean down your place.

To be completely honest with yourself, you were quite lucky. The ship you were on held some undercover revolutionaries who started a mutiny. Many of the passengers became revolutionaries, still some wanted to go back to living a normal life, you included. In the end they stopped at an uninhabited island in the grand line and helped the people to find a new lifestyle. You built homes for yourselves and the revolutionaries pulled strings to help you trade and earn money. Within 3 years your small island was able to make a name for itself.

It was hard. Very hard. You were at sea for a long time, but everyone around you was lived through the same nightmare. It brought you all together and allowed you to persevere. People started to have families. You made money by looking after the children whilst parents were working so you developed a strong bond with the younger generation.

"Why don't you boys make yourself useful and start clearing up the yard. By the time your done the sweet buns will be ready" you smiled

"But..." they tried to protest but were faced by your pouty face. "Ugh fine, Ian, Isaac lets go"

'Hahaha once again the power of guilt tripping strikes again.'

Quite impressively, throughout all the time of war you managed to stick to your no violence principles. Instead you became a master of dodging. It was amazing really. No one could touch you unless you wanted them to.

With the extra pocket money from babysitting, you were able to start a bakery on your own and build your home. You had no idea what was going on in the outside world. Mail was very rare at first cause you were unknown, furthermore the Navy had very little influence on your island so any information on dangerous people also weren't mentioned. Not that it mattered; the people here were more than capable of handling themselves.

*ding* *ding* *ding*

You pulled out the tray of mouth watering sweet buns and walked outside

"Why are you guys out here cleaning still, you need to come and eat these sweet buns whilst they're still hot" you called.

"DONT JUST CONTRADICT YOURSELF!" the boys raged as they all dashed in to get food.

You laughed. And that's all you could do. You had survived such a traumatic experience yet still managed to find a way to keep your promise. You found a home, a place for Luffy and Ace to rest as long as they remembered you.

'I wonder if they've set off yet... those trouble makers'

"Ms (y/n)?" You turned to find the owner of the voice.

"yes Isaac?" you picked up a plate of bread and started unloading them into a display cabinet.

"Are you going to marry a pirate?" he said before scoffing down another sweet bun.