Fireworks and Feelings

Right! So there are many videos in this story guys, all of them have great music, but if you don't wanna watch them you don't have to. The story should just flow without them and you'll get the gist of it. Hope y'all enjoy 😁

After a long chase Mihawk managed to catch Shanks and force him to release you. He sulked for a while until you bought him a bottle of water to help him feel better. You'd spent most of the festival talking to Mihawk about his life as a warlord with Shanks growling behind you both. Ace would occasionally ask questions but seemed quite content in just holding your hand with Shanks still growling behind you both.

"Princess? I've been meaning to ask you for a while now but what's that on your wrist?" Shanks pointed to the silver chain with Laws insignia.

"Oh this!" You raised your hand so that he could get a better look. "It was a gift from a pirate I saved. He said that I would would be protected under his name" you smiled at the memory.

"How could you princess?!" Shanks wailed.

'Uh... How could I What?' You gave him the most bizarre look

"How could you accept this pirates protection over mine!? Did he do something to you?! What's his name? I'll make sure he never bothers you again!" Shanks started muttering to himself but everyone could clearly hear him.

"Um... Shanks? The only reason I'm ok with it is because it's very subtle, it's not a 30 ft flag" you defended. "Besides he's also my friend!"

"So what you're saying is that if it's subtle you'll use it?" Shanks raised a brow.

He had that dangerous grin and Mihawk knew it spelt more work for him. Shanks straightened up with a new found determination engraved into his features.

"Shanks..." Mihawk warned though his voice was so smooth it almost sent you off on a whole other feeling. "We are aiming for subtlety" he reminded.

"OF COURSE!" Shanks beamed clearly not getting it at all.

Both you and Ace laughed whilst Mihawk just sighed. In that moment you saw Liv making her way towards you.

"(Y/n)! Is this the guy you were telling me about... Jack right?" she walked right up to Ace and looked him in the eye.

"Ace actually" Ace corrected

"hmm... (y/n) speaks so highly of you... so I'll tell you this once" she smiled sweetly. "Make (y/n) cry and I promise I'll rip your balls clean off" She made a pulling gesture just to make herself crystal clear

She was still smiling, but her eyes were so cold it felt like they were freezing the water molecules in the air. You were pretty sure all the guys in the vicinity paled whilst Shanks just laughed and Ace smirked.

"ALIVIA! Stop that!" You scolded tugging on her kimono.

"Duly noted miss Alivia! And thank you for looking after her for this long" he said staring her right in eyes.

Liv paused. Her smile became more genuine as she nodded in approval.

"Of course King. I see her as my little sister. We've both been through a lot together" she smiled knowingly at you.

You nodded for confirmation. Ace tried once again to correct his name but Liv had already turned her attention to Shanks.

"Shanks it's good to see you again! It's been a while since we've gone drinking together, make sure you don't get too drunk before the actual competition Briggs is hosting" Her competitive nature coming out.

"Course Liv! It's been a while since I drank you under the table" he smirked mischievously

"If I recall correctly it was me who drunk you under the table! I distinctly remember the crowds screaming my name. Looks like the dementia's kicking in early old man" She teased.