Time to Prepare

The picture above is only here for you to get a better understanding of what's happening, it's not the exact thing. You'll understand soon. Please note once again that I own nothing but the plot. Now please enjoy :)

It's been hours since Law left, and the boys are sobbing in your arms. They refuse to forgive you for not letting them say goodbye as well. Although you're pretty sure they just wanted to see Bepo. After a lot of soothing and apologising you managed to usher them out of your house, even if they were still crying about how much they missed him.

'To think decapitation brings people this close together' you watched them leave and closed the door behind you.

You decided it was best if you didn't work today, you wouldn't have been able to focus. So instead you were cleaning the house. You wore a loose shirt, some shorts and you're (f/c) apron. You started by changing the bedsheets, then cleaning bathrooms and kitchen, followed by sweeping the living room and finally putting books back where they belong. In a sense, it helped you to refresh and clear your memories as well.

"The ideal housewife strikes again" you stated proudly at your now sparkling house.

With your hands on your hip you nodded in approval at your achievement, only to spot your journal poking out from behind a cushion on your sofa.

'So you read through my private life and then stuff it behind a pillow. What a considerate human being you are Law' you sighed already hearing his cheeky response like: 'what can I say (y/n) I set high standards' his smirk still fresh in your mind.

"Ugh, he's not even here and he's tormenting me" you smiled.

You walked over to the journal and picked it up to place it some where safe but something was sticking out of it.

'Is that an envelope?' you pulled it out completely and saw your name written in what was probably the neatest handwriting you'd ever seen. 'For me?'

You could feel your inner child come out as you whipped out the envelope and opened it, to find a small piece of paper inside. Taking a deep breath you slowly unravelled the neatly folded paper.

'Dear (y/n)-ya,

If you are reading this right now, it means that I regretfully couldn't convince you to join me on my journey to become pirate king. I can't blame you entirely for that as you have taken on many responsibilities. To force you to abandon them would be unfair to you, and that is the last thing you were to me.

Even though you knew my story, my past and my troublesome nature, you still did everything you could to save me. I am eternally indebted to you for that (y/n)-ya. So because I know how proud I can be I probably won't be able to tell you in person but thank you. Thank you for seeing me as Law the human.

Although I may never see you again... know that your kindess has found it's way to my heart. In return i've given you one with my crew insignia. If anyone tries to attack you, it'll be an act of war against us. And (y/n)-ya, stay safe.

your lover,

Law.'

You smiled through the few tears escaped your eyes, though you were careful not to mess up the paper note. You then pulled out a small silver chained bracelet, a heart charm dangling from it with Law's pirate insignia just as he described. You wasted no time putting it on.

'Great, now I've got someone else to worry about. That absolute idiot' you sniffled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------