Market Madness

The pictures used are only here for you to get a better understanding of what's happening, it's not the exact thing, but you guys probably knew that... Please note once again that I own nothing but the plot. So enjoy :)

"Here's your cake Gemma! That'll be 32 berries!" you breathed placed the beautiful three-layer gluten free velvet cake on the counter.

"You never cease to amaze me (Y/n)! Paul is going to love this!" Gemma sighed happily as she admired your work of art.

This was the best part about your job. Seeing your satisfied customers, after all the effort you'd put it. She dug into her bag and pulled out 40 berries.

"Here you go darling" she smiled.

"And that's 8 berries change..." you said as you punched the numbers into your small cash register and pulled out the appropriate amount of money.

"You have to tell me how you've managed to run this place by yourself (Y/n). It's not an easy job but you handle it so well" Gemma hummed in awe

"It is hard Gemma... but I've found that starvation is much harder so I guess i just have the right motivation" you giggled and she laughed. "Well thank you for coming, hope to see you again soon" you called as she walked out of the store.

*Ding-a-ling*

The little bells on the door jingled as she exited, leaving the shop now empty. The sound was cute at first but with more and more customers coming in and out, the sound faded into white noise. It was weird being able to here it again.

'Well I think that was the last order...' you stretched after you dusted yourself off.

Following normal procedure you quickly started packing away all your equipment. You gracefully walked around the counter and flipped the open sign on the door to show closed, humming to yourself as you grabbed a cloth and began to wipe of the counters. The idea was to close the bakery early today because you had to stock up on some ingredients. Normally you were ok but because you'd been having so many customers recently, you were depleting your supplies much quicker than normal. And now you had to go and top up.

'I wonder if they've imported more exotic berries in the market place' you pondered as you switched from a cloth to a broom and began to sweep.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You made a list, snatched up your basket and ran out the store, of course after making sure to securely lock it behind you. It wasn't going to be a big shop so you didn't feel the need to bring your little cart (you only ever used it when you needed to top up on booze anyway).

The wind gently blew past. You were wearing a white blouse with a folded navy blue skirt. Your hair was in a loose ponytail with your flowers in a pin, securing your hair. And, just to be colour coordinated you wore a loose blue ribbon around your neck and your bracelet. You wore some brown boots to match your basket just because.

 You wore some brown boots to match your basket just because