[05]

I: you do understand that I hadn't taken advantage of you, right?

T: what? When?

I: At New Year's Eve.

T: out of all the times I could have been drunk and I chose that one... Such a shame.

I: you mean you don't remember...? Okay then, good night.

T: Wait up.

I: what now?

T: was I a bad kisser?

I: no, you were actually one of the best I've ever had. (This message has been deleted).

T: next time if you do take advantage of me, make sure I'm at least sober enough to remember it.

I: I said I hadn't taken advantage of you, Timothy!

***

The rooftop was empty when Tim reached there, a bottle of bourbon clutched in his hands that he had sneaked out from the party going downstairs.

He had had a rather rough day and was feeling extremely downcast. Since coffee couldn't elevate his mood at the moment, he had taken Jay's advice and resorted to the quickest way of escape.

By getting drunk to temporarily forget the pain.

He corked open the bottle, sitting down in a corner, leaning against the wall as he took a deep gulp from it.

The harsh liquid burned down his throat and he ended up coughing since his body wasn't used to alcohol at all. But rather adamant, he downed the liquid ignoring the scorching feeling that had erupted in his insides.

After two to three times of doing that, the alcohol in his system began to work and a cloud of unawareness began to tighten its hold over him.

Gradually but steadily all the worries in his head started to fade, leaving him in a state of blithe ignorance. He stood up, stumbled then regained his balance, and walked towards the railings.

Glancing down at the wide city expanse underneath, he was only thinking how he had always been so occupied that he never got to embrace the beauty of daily life.

But along with that thought came a wave of bitter realization; he had never appreciated what he had because he had always been rushing to fulfill all the expectations people had from him.

People who were important to him such as Bruce, Richard, his brothers and friends like Stephanie and Barbara.

And along with these people who were family to him, came the burdensome heap of the expectations the citizens of Gotham had from him as Red Robin.

In the race to fulfill everyone's expectations, he had neglected himself entirely and had never prioritized his needs or wants.

And this sense of self depreciation had begun to eat him up from the inside, leaving him rather troubled and broken.

He had the burden of being the perfect son, the protege, the genius detective as well as the city's protector weighing him down, but never once had he let that come to the surface.

But that night, it seemed as if his self control had had enough and he wasn't capable of bearing it all anymore. And since he could not fail in the eyes of people who looked up to him, he had yet again chosen his own demise.

Glancing down, he wondered what would happen if he ended everything then and there. True, his family would get hurt but they would never find out how truly damaged he had been.