[25]

I: tell you what, just fuck the press. I can't do this whole pretending anymore.

T: Irina, are you sure?

I: let them wag their tongues all they can. All I want right now is a dance with you.

T: just one dance?

I: I don't know, let's dance the night away.

T: I still want you to be very certain of this. There will be no going back after tonight.

I: I don't want to go back.

I: I just want you, Tim.

I: so fuck the press and get your ass down here this instant.

***

The venue for the Fall Gala was extensively decorated and the guests as well as the press reporters had started to crowd in. Timothy Drake, being the main event organizer, was rushing back and forth in order to ensure that nothing was left out.

There were reporters lined up to take his interview as well, so he was fluctuating between giving short interviews as well as checking the arrangements and meeting with the guests.

"Mister Drake, the whole event is extensively planned and surpasses even lasts year's Gala. Is it all your effort or do you have others to give credit to as well?"

He had a rather pleasant smile on his face as he replied, "of course, I'm not the only one who should be given credit for this. This whole event has been made possible through teamwork. Me and my team has worked hard together to ensure that the Gala turns out absolutely fantastic."

His eyes were flickering towards the entrance every now and then as if in wait for a particular someone.

"And this floral combination is so unique, we really want to know who has had the final word here?"

"I asked a friend for opinion," he replied, but changed the topic when they started to acquire the identity of the afore mentioned friend. Throughout the questions, he kept a smile fixed on his face, nodding his greetings to the guests who had just stepped in.

"In this Gala, Wayne Tech has been launching its much awaited products, but LexCorp has already taken hold of the market through their own..."

But Tim didn't hear the rest of the words that faded into background noise as his attention trailed off towards the entrance once again.

Irina Luthor had arrived.

Most of the press rushed to greet her and soon enough she was engulfed in a swarm of cameras and reporters.

Still Tim's eyes were fully focused on her gorgeous self, as she looked even more alluring in an off white colored dress that hugged her curves and her dark tresses were cascading down to her waist.

He was shaken out of his thoughts by someone calling his name and had to reluctantly tear his eyes away from Irina.

"Mister Drake?"

His trance was roughly broken as he looked back at the reporters in front of him, cheeks slightly flushing red, "oh I'm sorry, what were you saying?"