[14]

***

[Gotham's Freak Club]

The Walking Dead: so Ren, are you attending the Fall Gala?

Timmy's Girlfriend: maybe, maybe not.

Flying Grayson: has anyone seen the newspaper? It is full of a new conspiracy theory these pressers have generated.

Timmy Toes: and I seem to have a really bad feeling about it.

Flying Grayson: your gut feeling is right.

Flying Grayson: it is about our one and only Ren and you, of course.

Timmy's Girlfriend: fuck!

Timmy's Girlfriend: what does it say?

Flying Grayson: it says that Timothy Drake has been romantically involved with both the secret vigilante and Luthor's genius daughter. Speculations are high whether he would end up with Irina Luthor or the masked vigilante.

Timmy Toes: so it's my turn to say that... Fuck!

***

[ T <•> I ]

T: I saw the news.

I: congratulations...

T: are you alright?

I: no.

I: I'm a little under the weather, you could say. And the press is being an annoying little bitch.

T: when are they not? I woke up to fifty interview requests and a huge line of reporters at the Manor's gate.

I: touche.

***

I: how's your work going?

T: there's isn't much to do today.

T: Irina Luthor didn't show up. And that's rather unexpected because she doesn't ever take a day off.

I: maybe she was busy elsewhere.

T: maybe... Besides the press people would have been bothering her too. I just hope she doesn't fire me after all this.

***

I: you really did not have to do that.

T: I know first aid, Ren, I took classes when I was younger.

I: I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the bandaging, I am just saying that do not get me so dependent on you.

T: why not?

I: because then it would be very very difficult for me to keep doing what I do when you won't be with me.

T: I'm not going anywhere, Ren, I am always going to be with you. Right here.

I: that's really sweet of you.

I: but life is unpredictable.

I: and I don't want anything bad to happen to you because of me.

T: don't you know, I'm a Wayne. I'm accustomed to putting up with all kinds of shitty accidents.

***

T: hey, Ren, can you meet me at the rooftop?

I: sure, give me five minutes.

***

I: so my aunt is coming to Gotham and I am very excited.

T: that's great.

I: I want to buy her a present.