[50]

T: so I went to sleep on the couch in your office and you're nowhere to be seen...?

I: I know and I have proofs, Tim.

T: and you didn't even wake me up?

T: where are you right now?

I: relax, I hadn't left you alone last night.

I: I kept working. And I'm still here.

T: I swear Irina, the whole of your department is giving me weird looks.

T: especially Mathias.

I: calm down. They're our friends.

T: yeah but I can sense what they are thinking. And I'm feeling really awkward right now.

T: where are you!?!?

I: easy there, princess, I had just gone to the cafeteria to see if there was anything we could have for breakfast.

T: oh...

I: don't panic, I'm coming. I'll handle the department too. No one is going to make you feel awkward, okay?

T: shit, Mathias is coming over.

I: God, Timmy, I can't keep texting while bringing over a breakfast tray as well. Sit tight. And don't worry about Mathias. He's probably just going to ask you some random questions.

T: including what am I doing at the couch in his boss' office...?

I: holy shit... You do have a way of twisting things.

I: better still, just don't say a word to him. I'll handle it. Now if you send me any text I won't answer because I don't want to drop the tray.

***

Irina looked up as the glass door to her office opened and Tim stepped in. Seeing him, a smile spread on her features and all the exhaustion from her face vanished, "what a pleasant surprise, princess."

He walked up straight to her chair, bending a little to kiss her cheek, "why is my lovely angel working so much and so late?"

"Because Aunt Lena hasn't yet returned from Metropolis so I'm responsible for all her departments in her absence," she replied, "but Tim, you shouldn't have come here. You must be exhausted from your own work and should go get some sleep."

"No need," he sat down on the chair across from her working desk, "there's enough coffee in my system to keep me going for a couple more hours. Now tell me, what can I help you with?"

She smiled leaning back in her seat a little as she observed the genuinely caring look in his eyes. He was a lot more considerate than anyone she had known before and all his concern made him even more precious to her.

A reddish tint glazed his cheeks as he spoke up, "is this what people call the lover's gaze? Because right now I feel extremely tickly in my stomach."

"That tickly feeling is what people call having butterflies in your stomach," her remark was punctuated by a short laugh. Then she leaned towards him, taking his face in her hands, "and this is what I call fucking irresistible and so damn cute that it must be a crime."

His skin turned a shade more scarlet but a smile danced on his lips, "you love to make me blush, don't you?"

"Guilty as charged, adorable sir."