[18]

***

[ T <•> I ]

I: my aunt found out about this whole vigilante business.

T: and...?

I: she was furious.

I: she went back to Metropolis.

T: why was she furious though? She trained you herself, if I recall correctly. She should have been proud of you.

I: she is scared.

I: she doesn't know about whatever happened with Two Face's gang but if she found out about that, she won't let me stay in Gotham for even a minute longer.

T: try talking to her, give her your perspective.

T: and if you want someone else to convince her, let me talk to her.

I: you?

T: trust me, I can be very persuasive.

***

T: I wasn't kidding, Ren, let me talk to her. Everything will be fine.

I: no.

T: why not?

I: in case you don't remember, you still don't know who I am really. And I don't want you to find out.

T: I thought we were past that.

I: I love you, Tim, but I can't tell you just yet.

I: try to understand.

I: please...

T: I do understand.

***

I: I feel terrible about keeping you in the dark.

T: don't.

T: if you think it's better this way, then I have no objection.

I: why are you so fucking sweet, Tim?

T: to be honest, I don't know myself.

***

T: since you have met my brothers now, except for Damian, Richard wanted you to come over for movie night.

I: I can't.

T: why?

T: oh I meant you can come over as a vigilante. They won't ask you to remove your mask.

T: plus Barbara and Stephanie are dying to meet you.

I: bugs me why you don't have any objection now?

T: because it's either I invite you or the whole of Gotham's freak club (aka my lovely family) ties me upside down to a gargoyle.

I: poor you.

T: exactly.

***

I: are you doing okay?

T: yeah, why?

I: have you seen the news?

T: oh that...

T: I am so going to get fired.

I: at the rate at which this whole thing is turning into a scandal, I can't be very much certain myself.

T: so me and my boss were accidentally leaving the building together and she was briefing me about a report that I am working on with Mathias.

T: we hadn't even reached the parking lot when the whole area began swarming with paparazzi. Like a swarm of bees, they attacked us with their pestering questions about when we were going to make our "secret relationship" official...