[21]

***

[ R <•> J ]

J: Babybird's birthday is coming up.

R: is it?

R: yeah, it is. I suck at remembering dates.

J: I know. If it hadn't been for Timmy we would have gotten killed by Damian for forgetting his birthday.

J: and more so his eighteenth birthday, the kid had been raving on for weeks about how he would finally cross the threshold of adolescence.

J: and still we forgot... Such a shame.

R: right... Next time I'm going to ask Cyborg to get me a watch with a digital calendar on it.

J: or you could just check your phone, idiot! In case you don't know, smartphones come with a reminder feature. All you have to do is set some reminders for birthdays and other events.

J: or I bet you will even forget to turn up at the Fall Gala.

R: hey! I will not forget the Fall Gala!

J: we will see, Dickybird, you always forget in the end.

R: no I don't.

***

R: how did you remember about Timmy's birthday though?

J: Damian told me.

R: I swear both Dami and Tim secretly care for each other but pretend not to in front of us.

J: of course they do. They are brothers after all.

***

J: why are you walking around the house like a hyperactive zombie?

R: hyperactive zombie? What kind of an insult is that?

J: I just want to know what the fuck is wrong with you now. That was no insult, just a metaphor.

R: so I can't decide what gift to get Tim this year... I would have gotten him a coffee maker but me and Babs already got it last week.

J: no I am not going to give you any ideas.

R: why?

J: because I don't have any myself.

R: screw it, I'll ask Babs. You go ask someone else.

J: who said I was going to ask someone? I will know exactly what to give to him when the time comes.

R: yeah right...

J: okay, Grayson, don't you fucking dare.

R: last year you gave him a USB because you had forgotten to buy his present and that was the only thing you had which you hadn't used yet so it was still in its original packaging