[55]

T: have you boarded yet?

I: yeah.

T: so when should I be at the airport?

I: Richard's saying that we don't yet know the exact arrival time. The weather's not too clear either so we don't yet know the departure time either.

T: oh.

I: and don't bother going to the airport. We'll take a cab or something from there.

T: are you sure?

I: of course I'm sure.

I: besides I'm not alone, y'know. Your BigBro has been fulfilling the duties of a caring babysitter.

T: yeah, he's like that.

T: take care of yourself.

I: you too.

***

Irina entered the room, heels clicking against the marble floor and seeing Tim in front of her, a wide smile broke out on her face, "Tim, hi..."

But her voice trailed off into a laugh as he swept her off her feet, twirling her around a little before putting her down, holding her in his arms. Her hands were clasped around his neck while his gently held her close by the waist.

"Welcome home, sweetheart," a wide smile played upon his lips as he brought down his head to rest against hers, blue eyes sparkling in delight.

"Missed me?" Her green eyes flickered in amusement as she kissed the corner of his mouth teasingly, tempting him as she leaned in once again, stopping just a few centimeters away from his lips as if daring him to make the first move.

"You have no idea," he mumbled, and much to her surprise, Tim's hands that had been wrapped around her waist slid down her back as he pushed her up to the wall, slightly rougher than she was accustomed to. She felt as if all the air had been knocked out of her as he crashed his lips down on hers in a heated passionate kiss.

It was quite unlike the gentle fluttery kisses they had shared often and reminded her instead of the kiss they had shared on the rooftop at the New Year's party. There was an odd feeling in her stomach akin to butterflies exploding into a series of fireworks. 

She gave him access when his tongue brushed over her lips, her lungs tightening again as a surge of excitement coursed through her veins, a wave of exhilaration settling down at the pit of her stomach.

Irina could taste the sweet coffee in his mouth and her hands trailed down to his shoulders, clutching tightly as he deepened the kiss. She had started to feel weak at the knees, rendered absolutely breathless by that passionate endeavor so she surrendered, arching her head back when he left a hot trail of kisses down her neck, lingering at her collarbone.

"One week, seven days, 168 hours and 604,800 seconds," she breathed when they pulled apart and her voice had a slightly teasing edge to it as she recalled one of their previous texts, "and you've somehow gotten even better at kissing. Who have you been practicing on in my absence, birdboy?"

"I wouldn't dare with anyone else except you."

"You wouldn't dare...? Am I that scary?" She raised an eyebrow skeptically, hands getting entangled in his messy hair.

"You're so fucking perfect that no one else would be able to compete with that," his eyes sparked in amusement as the smile dancing on his lips widened, "in all honesty, I don't want to be with anyone else. But damn I wish to spend every second of my life with you."