*The Death Machine*

Charlie's POV

     I watched out of the corner of my eye as Jacob drove me to the diner. His body was tense as he drove. He stared straight ahead, his jaw clenched. I turned and looked out the window. I looked for the small diner that I find myself at often. It was the one place I could be at peace in this cruel world.

    He pulled into the parking lot and parked the car in the first spot that was open. He turned towards me with his hooded expression and examined me.

   "Do you have a ride home?" He asked shortly. I bit my lower lip and shook my head.

   "No, I always walk home," I said pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. He nodded and continued to stare at me like he was thinking.

   "What time do you get out of work?" He asked. I looked back up at him confused.

    "11:30, why?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I opened the door to his car and he grabbed my wrist, making it so my attention is back on him.

    "I will be here. Don't walk home." He said dropping my wrist. I nodded not breaking eye contact. Finally, I got out of the car and shut the door. I looked behind me as he pulled the car out of the diners parking lot and left. I sucked in a breath then walked into the diner.

   I went into the changing room changing into the short skirt and t-shirt that we have to wear. I put my apron on and started my day. 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

    "So you are saying that the Jacob Sinclair gave you a ride?" Mike said eating a fry. I slumped back into the booth seat. I was currently on my break, Mike showed up randomly with a girl at his hip. After seeing how I was acting he sent her away to be with me. Might I add, Mike is a complete player. He bounces from girl to girl, and I honestly feel so bad for them.

   Although he bounces from girl to girl, he has had the biggest crush on Laura. He has since fifth grade yet he hid it by being a player.

   "Yes and he is picking me up after I close tonight too," I said sighing loudly. He looked at me with wide eyes.

    "You are playing with the devil here Charlie." He said shoving his face even more. I heard him sigh before shoving more food in his face.

   "What is even so bad about him besides the fact that he is intimidating?" I asked, what I saw just yesterday flew past me and it was almost as if I had forgotten about it, at least I had in that moment. Mike rolled his eyes then sat his burger down.

   "He is a murderer. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. He would end your life in seconds and not think anything of it. I have heard that he is in a gang." He commented, saying the last part quietly. That would explain what happened in the ally way.

   "What time is it?" I asked wanting to change the topic. He pulled up his phone and faced it towards me. 11:01 p.m. He was going to be here soon. I groaned and stood up as someone walked in. With a smile I greeted Larry.

    "Once again coming in late Larry," I said walking over towards him. He smiled sweetly at me and nodded.

    "You know me. Can I get the usual?" He said with a small laugh. I nodded and walked backed to give the order to the cooks. Carl instantly took the order and began cooking it.

   "Hey Charlie, I'm leaving see you tomorrow," Mike yelled leaving the diner. As I was getting Larry's drink together I heard the bell of the diner go off.

    "I'll be there in a minute!" I yelled. I gathered Larry's drink and brought it out. Instantly my eyes locked with the silver-blue ones that always trap me. He was here early. I gulped and walked over to Larry.

   "Here's your drink Larry," I said with a huge smile. He smiled back at me.

   "Thank you, sweets." He said taking a sip out of his coffee. With a sigh, I turned around and walked towards Jacob.

   "Is there something I can get you while you wait?" I asked grabbing out my notepad.

   "A water." He said quietly. I nodded and turned around walking to the back. I got his water and quickly passed it to him before speed walking away.

   This man really likes his water.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

     I walked over to Jacob after saying goodbye to the cook Carl. He had just sat there and watched me.

   "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and followed him out of the diner. He led me to what I thought was gonna be his car but instead, a motorcycle sat there. I froze and my jaw dropped. It was almost like he sensed that I stopped and turned around. He raised an eyebrow at me.

   "What?" He almost snapped.

    "I will not get on that death machine," I said looking at the bike cautiously. He rolled his eyes. It's not that I was scared of motorcycles themselves. It's more of the people driving around the motorcycles. So many motorcycles accidents happen and I don't want to be counted in one of them.

    "You will get on. I refuse to let you walk home and I don't have the time to go back and get my car. Plus the bike isn't even that bad." He snapped getting on the bike, holding out a helmet to me.

    So I don't anger him anymore I cautiously grabbed the helmet from him. I slid it onto my head and got on the bike behind him. I just sat there and he wasn't moving forward.

   "Unless you want to fly off put your arms around me." He said coldly. I gulped before putting my arms around his waist. Almost instantly he took off. At first, I felt like I was going to be sick but then I actually decided I loved it.

   "Address?" He asked when we pulled up to a stop sign. I was quick to tell him before looking around at our surroundings. We weren't far from my house actually.

    I laid my head against his back and watched the trees and houses that passed by. He tensed when I did this but eventually relaxed. Finally, he pulled into my driveway. He turned off the bike and got off. He helped me off after putting the kickstand down.

   "Thanks for the ride," I said shyly. He nodded curtly. I looked up at him to see him already staring at me. Like always I could get lost in his eyes.

   "Goodnight," I said with a small lopsided smile.

    "Goodnight Charlie." He said getting back on the bike. With one last look, he pulled out of my driveway and rode away down the street.

   I bit my lower lip and watched him get smaller and smaller as he went down the street.