*Prom-Posals Are For The Weak*

Charlie's POV

    I sat under the willow tree watching yet another prom-posal. Jeremy Jackson had asked Natalia Marshall. He had gotten her a bouquet of roses and a group of singers. He had the singers sing her favorite song before he had stepped out with the sign and roses. She basically tackled the poor kid with tears in her eyes. She had obviously said yes. 

   So many kids have been asked to prom. Prom is in officially a month. One month exactly. 

   Mike had asked Laura in a pretty adorable way. Laura for some odd reason loves llamas so he brought a llama in the school, with the principals permission, and asked her to prom. She said yes while showing lots of love to the adorable llama. The stupid llama ate my cosmic brownie though.

    Austin had asked Victoria by taking her out for dinner. While they were at dinner he had someone spell out prom in sticky notes and put in on his car. She also said yes but they only were going as friends. 

    Then there's Jacob. He has yet to ask me to prom. He hasn't even brought up the dance at all. Whenever people talk about it around us he completely zones out and doesn't say a thing. Maybe he just doesn't want to go with me.

   "Ew there's another one!" Ben exclaimed sitting down examining yet another prom-posal. Maxwell Barrett. 

    "Have you asked anyone to prom." I said leaning my head on his shoulder. He took a bite out of his beef stick before leaning it towards me so I could take a bite. 

   "Prom-posals are for the weak. I just asked the boy I was talking to over text and he said hell yeah so we are going with each other." He said biting the beef stick again.

   "Has Mr. hotty with a body asked you yet?" He said giving me the last bite of the beef stick. I shook my head but it kind of hurt because his shoulder is quite boney.

   "No he hasn't. The way he has been acting with all this prom talk it doesn't seem like he wants to go either." I said with a sigh.

   "Well babes if he doesn't end up asking you, I will buy you a ticket and you can go with me and Jared." He said kissing my forehead. I smiled as I watched the next proposal happen.

   "As appealing as that sounds I don't feel like third wheeling. If it comes down to it I'll buy my own ticket and I'll have a good time dancing with Charles." I said leaning back up. He looked at me with his head tilted slightly.

   "Who the fuck is Charles?" He asked. 

   "My imaginary friend that I've had since I was in second grade. He's hot and has a heavenly six pack." I said smirking. He instantly began laughing. 

    "What's he laughing about?" Victoria asked sitting down in front of us. Jacob, Laura, Mike, and Austin followed. Before I could say anything Ben interrupted.

   "Her hot ass imaginary friend named Charles. He has a six pack that is heavenly." He said bursting into another fit of laughter. My cheeks instantly flared.

   "Oh my God! I remember him! Charlie used to go on and on about how hot he was and he wasn't even real." Mike said making my cheeks heat up even more. The others all laughed besides Jacob. Jacob just kept an emotionless face. 

    "Alright we get it! I had a wild imagination when I was a kid." I said huffing and looking away. I felt a presence next to me and I looked over to see Jacob. He leaned forward until his mouth was by my ear.

    "Come with me." He said before standing up and put out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. I looked back at my friends with a smile.

   "I'll see you guys later." Before I could even wave at them Jacob dragged me along. Gosh darn him and his long legs. He pulled me over to the bleachers and we both sat down. I looked out onto the field to see yet another proposal. 

   Oh my gosh! Maybe Jacob dragged me over here to ask me to prom! 

    "This prom stuff is getting annoying." He said leaning back and crossing his arms. My smile dropped slightly. I tried to raise it back in time but I think he caught the falter. Well there goes him asking me to prom. Maybe I will have to buy my own ticket.

   "Yeah I know right." I said laughing nervously. 

    "So tell me about this Charles guy." He said with a smirk, changing the subject. I smiled at him.

   "Oh he is devilishly handsome. He has a six pack that I could run my hands down anytime." I said matching his smirk. His smirk dropped into a playful like scowl. He leaned forward and put his mouth by my ear.

    "This Charles guy should know that I don't like sharing what's mine." He said before pressing a small kiss there. My breathing instantly picked up and I became flustered. He pulled back and smirked at him. 

    "I'm going to go see my mom after school." I blurted out randomly. His smirk turned into a small smile.

     "I will be at your house by the time you get home." He said leaning forward and kissing my cheek. He stood up and walked away still leaving me there flustered. 

    Jacob didn't ask me to prom and the way he said it I don't think he is planning on it either. With a sigh I grabbed my backpack and stood up making my way to fifth period. This is going to be a long rest of the day.