*A Goodbye Kiss*

Charlie's POV

    It has been a week since my brother showed up at my doorstep, well technically our doorstep because he still has his stuff here. It was currently winter break. I was glad because I really needed a break from school. Our school gives us three weeks off, it feels nice. 

   I have refused to talk to my brother. I don't have anything to say to him. At this point the only person that I've been talking to is Jacob. He understands and doesn't judge when I break down. He just holds me until I either fall asleep or stop crying.

     I sat on the stool in the kitchen eating cereal when Jacob barged into the room. I smiled over to him but the expression on his face made my smile drop slightly. 

   "Hello to you too." I said with a small laugh. He just stood there and looked at me with a blank expression. I can't tell if he is mad or hurt.

  "Are you okay?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

    "I'm leaving for a while." He said with a straight face. 

    "Leave as in my house and you will be back in a little bit?" I asked. Judging by his expression I could tell I was wrong but I didn't want to be.

    "I'm leaving this state. I wont be back for a while." He said looking at me in the eyes, like he's waiting for a reaction.

   "Why?" I asked.

   "Business." He answered shortly. Slowly I could feel my heart breaking but I wouldn't dare show it, not right now, not in front of him. 

  "Okay." I said quietly.

   "Okay." He said after me with a raised eyebrow.

    "Okay." I said again looking at him. 

    "That's all. Just okay? I just told you I'll be leaving for God knows how long and all you have to say is okay?" He asked slightly surprised. 

   "What do you expect me to do? Cry?" I asked crossing my arms. 

   "That's what I thought you were going to do yeah. Do you want me to leave?" He said looking still a little surprised. This made my eyes widen.

   "What kind of question is that! Of course I don't want you to go but I know I can't stop you so there is no point in fussing about it." I said with my mouth slightly open. He sighed before running his hand through his dark brown hair. He walked over to me and rested his forehead on mine.

     "I promise you this time will go by quicker than you'd think. I will be back before you know it." He said looking at me dead in the eye. I nodded slowly. My body went against me and a single tear fell down my cheek. Jacob leaned down and kissed the tear away. He leaned back slightly before his gaze dropped down to my lips.

   Before I could even process what was happening his lips were on mine. The kiss was soft and gentle at first. His lips moved in perfect sync with mine. This kiss was magical. It made me feel something that I haven't felt for anyone, not even Luke. 

   Jacob ran his tongue along my bottom lip asking for entrance. I declined it smirking into the kiss. This made him growl slightly. His hands traveled from my waist and down to my butt. He rested his hands there before he pinched slightly making me gasp. He took this time and stuck his tongue in my mouth. Our tongues fought for dominance, him obviously winning.

   Finally oxygen was needed. He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine. I was left panting while he still took normal breaths. He leaned down and planted another kiss on my lips. This one was just a quick peck but it left butterflies in my stomach. 

   He leaned back and looked into my eyes. He then leaned forward and planted a kiss on my nose, cheeks, then one on my jaw. Finally he placed one last kiss on my lips. He leaned back and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

   "Walk me out?" He asked me. I nodded to him and grabbed his hand that he held out to me. I intertwined our fingers as he led me out to his Camaro. Once we were by his door he leaned against it and pulled me to him. He looked down at me with a small smile.

   He leaned down and connected his lips to mine again. This kiss wasn't as gentle as the last and it was more rough. He kissed me like if he didn't I would disappear, when in reality it is him who is disappearing.

   He pulled back and wrapped his arms around me. He hugged me close to him and put his head in my neck. I hugged him tight and laid my head on his chest. We stood there for I don't even know how long. It felt like hours but what was only minutes. I didn't want to let go because I know if I did he was just going to leave. He pulled back and looked at me in the eyes. 

   "This isn't goodbye is it?" I asked, my voice breaking at the end showing the signs of my sadness. He brushed away the few tears that had fallen out of my eyes and shook his head.

   "I could never say goodbye to you fully Charlie. I need you in my life. You are like my own version of heroine. I am addicted. I need you. This isn't goodbye, I will be back before you know it." He said hugging me back to him. 

    "I will miss you." I said quietly.

   "I know love. I know." He said planting a kiss on the top of my head. 

    He moved away from me and got into his car. He rolled down his window and motioned for me to come closer. I did and he leaned forward and planted a kiss on my cheek. 

   "Goodbye Jacob." I said with a small smile. The corners of his mouth twitched up as he looked at me.

   "Goodbye Charlie." He said quietly. I backed away from his car slowly keeping eye contact with him. We kept eye contact all the way until he was on the road driving away. I sprinted out onto the road and watched his car get smaller and smaller as it went further away from me.

   I watched until he was out of sight before I turned around and sprinted into my house. I ran upstairs in my room and shut my door. I fell back on it and began sobbing. He was gone. Jacob was really gone and I didn't know when I was going to see him again.