*Dress Shopping*

Charlie's POV

     Something I had learned from past times shopping with Laura is that she takes the term "Shop till you drop" quite literally. My feet are killing me by the time we made it to lunch time. Vickie insisted we stopped at the food court or she would die from starvation.

     Today the girls and I decided we would go dress shopping for prom since it was about 3 weeks away. We had been to many different stores in the ginormous three story tall mall.

    Laura had drug us on a two hour car ride to one of the biggest malls in our state.  The trip itself wasn't horrible. We listened to music and sang our hearts out. It gained the attention of cars around us but none of us cared.

    The mall was packed with high school students trying to get the best dresses possible. All of us just couldn't find the perfect one for us.

    Laura was going on and on about this one shop that had the best dresses ever imagined that we said we would go to after lunch.

   After finishing my Taco Bell taco and my Baja blast I threw it in the trash bin. I walked back over to the girls with a smile on my face.

    We all made our way up to the store. We froze in front of the store with bright smiles. The mannikins in the window were wearing some of the most stunning dresses I had ever seen. They were absolutely breath taking.

    The three of us looped arms and walked into the almost empty store. You could tell it was a more upper class store based on the looks. Dresses upon dresses were everywhere. All of us looked at each other before splitting up.

    I was looking at a maroon colored v-neck dress when a worker walked up to me. I could easily tell she didn't want to help me. She basically glared at me and faked a smile.

   "Do you need help finding anything?" The girl asked obviously annoyed. I shook my head silently and looked at the dress.

    "Are you sure you are at the right store? These dresses are a little pricey. The dresses at the store down below may, how do I put this, be more in your price range." She said, her eyes scanning over me. I looked down at my black skinny jeans and Jacob's grey hoodie. My hair was in a messy bun and I decided on wearing my glasses today.

    I dropped the dress in my hand and let it fall between the other dresses. The girl smiles harshly at me before turning away and walking to another person. I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat and made my way to my friends. Both of them had tons of dresses in their arms.

   "I will be back guys. I have to use the bathroom." I said quietly. They gave me a huge smile and nodded. I made my way out of the store and sucked in a breath. I instantly grabbed out my phone when I felt it vibrate. Jacob's name was at the top showing he was calling. I quickly pressed the green accept button and put it up to my ear.

   "Hello." I said quietly while taking a seat on a bench.

    "How's dress shopping?" He asked. I was about to speak but I froze.

   "Fine." I said after a few seconds. I heard a scoff on the other side.

   "You suck at lying. What happened?" He asked. I shrugged but then I realized he couldn't see me.

   "I tried shopping at this one store but this worker said that she thinks the dresses were to pricey for me and that I should go down to the middle class floor. She completely judged me based on how I dressed." I said with a huff. There was a small silence before Jacob broke it.

    "Do I have to kill her?" He asked making my jaw drop. Then again this is Jacob we are talking about so just as quickly as I dropped it I closed my mouth.