the one with the I love him

I promised multiple updates, didn't i? p.s. there may even be another tomorrow if this one gets its deserved attention.... :)

ー▪︎•▪︎ー

He slumped down in the couch, close to the stage exit and entry, a soft and exhausted groan escaping his lips.

His eyes closed as he rested his head on his hand. You went to him, "Kook?! Stop pushing yourself." you growled, he just rested his head in the back of the couch in response, his breathing shallow and uneven.

A staff fanned him.

Another staff appeared with cold towels, you took them and patted one on his forehead as he still caught his breath.

He was overestimating himself and it was hurting him.

He squinted as he moved to drink from the bottle he had put down beside himself. He lifted it to his lips and took small sips.

He stood up suddenly and asked for his jacket.

You stood in front of him, hands on your hips, as he started slipping the jacket back on. "Jungkook, no, rest a bit more." you whined and he ignored you, keeping quiet. He was in focus mode. He had a job and he was going to do it.

He moved to the backside of the stage.

Your brother came over and you scolded him, "Tell him to take it easy, he is going to make it worse!"

Namjoon instantly lowered himself to Jungkook's height, "Jungkook, slow down. You'll pass out. Don't overwork yourself."

Jungkook nodded and bounced back onto stage, Namjoon patted your shoulder in reassurance and followed him as the next song started to play.

His beautiful voice filling the atmosphere as you slumped down by the side of the stage, hidden from view with your chin on your palm and your elbow on your knee.

Soon he came back off again, this time he almost fell down the stairs to backstage.

The other members followed him, Namjoon and Jimin helped him, their arms only dropping when the staff grabbed him, medical staff.

You shot up.

Namjoon, you and Jimin followed as they took Jungkook to a back room, staff flustered around as they cleaned a large space on the floor with a pilates mat and put a respirator over his mouth. You were on the edge of tears.

They got him to sit but instead he slumped down onto the floor. His sweat trickling down his head and cheeks like tears as he lay back.

"Jungkook, I told you not to keep going, look at your state now." you said angrily and disheartened by his pain.

The rest of Bangtan had squished themselves into the room, all muttering along the lines of "Are you okay?" and "You can rest. It's done."

You, however, were the loudest voice in Jungkook's ears.

He had a headache, his limbs were numb, his back shot pain through his body, his throat ached and his lungs were trying their best to keep him breathing.

"Shut up!" he yelled suddenly, the respirator being ripped from his mouth with his hand, everyone going silent. His eyes were closed tight and his free hand balled into a fist. He breathed heavily and a staff helped him but the mask bit back on to supply oxygen to his lungs.

"Let's leave him be guys... he's in pain." Jin said and the members filed out through the door. You stayed, looking down at him.

"Jungko-"

"Get out Y/N." he snapped, cutting you off.

Your face went pale at his weak voice and anger laced within his tone, it gave you the shivers.

"No I nee-" you said frowning with confusion.

"Yah, Y/n. Let's give him space." Namjoon interjected and wrapped his arms around you from behind and picked you up, literally carrying you from the room. He had known you wouldn't have gotten out by yourself.

Staff closed the door as Namjoon and you exited.

Namjoon put you down and you turned around to face him. "Don't do that!" you whined hitting his chest and the boys all looked at you, they knew you were confused.

"Why didn't he want me there?" you asked, your sadness and on-the-verge-of-tears face showing as you couldn't find the answer to your question in your own head. The same thing would upset Namjoon, if he couldn't find the answer himself he got confused and upset.

Namjoon shrugged sadly "He is hurting, give him space."

He really knew that Jungkook was in pain and you freaking out right next to him wouldn't be helpful one bit but he wasn't going to be fully honest and tell you that.

You started to sob, your own throat closing up as hot tears left your eyes, the soft creamy white of your eyes gaining a red hue.

Your brother sighed, he hadn't processed that you were feeling the same things as the rest of them - worry, concern and fear.

He pulled you into his chest and wrapped his arms around you, he made you feel small, invisible and protected and he knew you needed those feelings right now.

Older-brother-instinct had kicked in.

"It's ok, he will be fine. Don't worry." he said stroking your hair awkwardly. You turned your head to the right so that your left cheek rested against Namjoon's chest.

"I have to worry, I love him." you said in a mumble, your voice low.

The boys went from whispering among themselves to completely silent and all eyes fell on you for the 2nd time within 2 minutes.

Namjoon froze too.

You swallowed, waiting for Namjoon to growl and tell you that you "weren't in love" with the boy you had been dating for the last 7 months.

"You love him?" Namjoon said pulling away to look you in the eye. You wouldn't meet his eyes so he just watched the side of your face. Your eyes closed as the flow of tears started to slow.

Your small nod made him pull you into another bear hug.

"Aww... my little sister is in love!" he said smiling widely, you didn't even have to open your eyes to know his expression.

"Does he know?" Jin suddenly asked from somewhere else in the nearby vicinity.

"N-no... please don't tell him..." you said opening your eyes and glancing up at Namjoon, then around you, at the other 5 men and the staff.

"You should tell him Y/n, but not right now." Jimin said and Yoongi nodded.

Hoseok was smiling widely, "Ok, ok, but can we all give you hugs now" he said eagerly, he didn't want you to be upset over being yelled at by the man you were in love with.
You nodded and Namjoon let you go.

Hoseok embraced you tightly. Then so did every other member besides the one you really wanted to embrace.

ー▪︎•▪︎ー

this is a trainwreck of emotions I didnt know I could feel... the first time I read the draft of this scene as a whole I bawled my eyes out...

heres some tissues if you are like me: ■■■■