the one with the job

"Would you be willing to drop your career for a child, right now?" You spoke quickly, trying to catch him off guard.

"I don't know, we have tours planned out for the next two years-" Your speed worked perfectly, he gave you his honest answer.

"You might as well just say no, because that is what you just expressed."

"No. I said that I don't kn-"

"That's my point, you don't know, so I don't know if I could trust you to be there every minute that your child would need you, that I would need you."

"We- we… we could have a schedule so that we both-"

"JUNGKOOK!" You outburst suddenly. He froze, the waver in your pronunciation expressed your emotion for you. Your emotions were acting up but this was you just being honest.

Hoseok and Namjoon became alert at your yell but Namjoon told hoseok that you were angry, not scared.

"What isn't clicking? A baby needs both parents to be involved as much as possible. I'd need you there as much as possible. I can't handle that. I don't even know how to change a diaper. And anyway, you make millions of dollars already, I'm not at that level in my career, I don't know if I ever will be, but I want the next few years to try." Jungkook just stared with his face ever-so-slightly turned up while he listened.

"It's illegal y/n, you know that right? You're a lawyer, you can't do something illegal." Jungkook reasoned.

He actually had done some research and you were a bit impressed he had the balls to bring up the legality of what you wanted.

You sat in silence for a moment before laughing a bit.

You knew he would try that, but you already knew how to get around it. Arguing was your job, so if he wanted to argue back, he needed some better points.

"That's low Jungkook, bringing the standing of my job into it after I just told you that my job is one of the reasons I don't want the child in the first place." You mocked. You had a dark manner about you now, and Jungkook could see the difference, it made him gulp.

He realised that this is what you were born to do, this is why you liked your job and were known for it. You argued with passion and made a mockery of your opponent.

"What if i brought your job into it? Say we had the child, your millions of fangirls find out and they're favoritism of you is gone. You had a child out of wedlock and with someone who isn't them, they won't all be happy, people would hate all of us, child included. Cameras will be shoved into their face all the time. It would be traumatizing. Say then in a few years our child starts school, they'll be bullied, you know that it never goes well for idols to show a normal life. They want you to sit and look pretty, not go out and be intimate with people like me."

He was silent. He didn't know what to say. You rambled on.

"Yanno, after the first positive test i thought maybe I'd be able to have it and be able to live a happy normal life. I'd have you and my brother and the world there to help me but after about 10 minutes of those thoughts I remembered what happened when we announced our relationship." You weren't blaming him at all, you were only enlightening him to what could and most likely would happen.

"You've thought this through a lot…"

"A child is forever Jungkook. I don't want to raise a child when I'm not ready to do it. I want to raise our child, or children right. If I give birth in a few months then that's it, we are parents for life. We have a shared responsibility that we have to devote ourselves to, no matter what. Even if you are ready for it, i'm not…"