Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s POV

After taking care of all the animals and John, I was tired. I knew that Jason might come to a visit, so I sat on my porch and waited for him to come over. It was already dark and creepy, but I didn't mind. I just wanted to see him again. I took a sip from my hot cocoa and adjusted my blanket on my shoulders. It was little chilly here but I could manage. I look at the stars and the moon. They were beautiful here where they were more visible and I couldn't believe that I lived in a city for a short time. I always missed countryside.

I look at the barn and almost have a heart attack. Jason was standing there, looking at me silently. I didn't know how long he was there but I was startled because of him. "Jason! You scared the shit out of me!" I say to him, but then I started to laugh. As my heartbeat started to go back to normal, he approached me. He sat down next to me, little confused when I was still giggling at him. He lifted his hand and patted my shoulder, as if asking if I was okay. I smile at him and took a hold on his hand giving it a little squeeze. His hand felt warm but rough against my hand, but I didn't mind.

"So, you're still alive. What have you done during these years Jason?" I ask him, looking at that hockey mask. He tilted his head but didn't answer me. There was an awkward silence between us. "You can't talk anymore, can you?" I ask him and he nods quickly. I feel bad for him. He used to talk almost all the time to me when we were younger, but he was so shy that he was silent if there were people he didn't know or didn't like. I lift my hand on his hockey mask covered cheek. "Oh Jason. What happened to you was horrible. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you."

Jason shook his head and leaned his head forward, pressing his forehead against me which he used to do when we were younger. I smile at him, lifting my other hand on his other cheek. I lean my head back and look at him up and down. "But look at you now! You are huge!" I say to him smiling widely. He nodded eagerly, but then pointed at me and pinched his index finger and thumb together. "Are you saying I'm tiny?" I ask him. He nods quickly and gives me a tight hug. He's so clingy right now, but he has been alone so long.

"Jason, would you like to come inside? I can make you some food." He looks at me, but then tilts his head thinking it over. After a while he nods and I stand up with him. I open the door, stepping aside to let him go inside first. He gets in and looks around the house. I close the door, making my way to the kitchen. Jason look through my stuff at the living room but stops when he sees Benny laying at the hallway. Benny jumps up and goes to Jason wagging his tail. Jason starts petting him all over, making me smile widely. Benny seems to like him.

"Jason, can I ask you something?" I say to him, making him stop and looking at me then he nods. "What happened to the girl that we met in the forest?" Jason gets up and looks at me like a kicked puppy. He comes to me but he shifts his eyes to look at the floor. He is looking at it like it was the most interesting thing ever. After a while he lifts his head and takes my hands. He lifts them to his chest and he was nodding. I was confused but he releases my other hand and points at himself. "You were chasing her?" I ask him and he nods, looking at the floor. I must admit that I was little nervous. "Why would you do something like that? What happened?" Jason looks at me but then he took a machete from his belt. I look at it little scared and see that it had some old blood.

Jason lets my arm go and he looks at me sadly. He turns around and makes his way towards the front door. "Jason! Please don't go. I don't care. I'm sure you had your reasons." I quickly say, stopping him with my words. He looks at me confused but I smile at him. "You're my best friend. Anything you need, just come here and I will get it to you. You can even sleep here if you want to." He comes to me quickly and takes me in a bone crushing hug. I giggle little and I pat his shoulders. I heard him whine little, like he was crying. "Jason, it's okay!" I try to comfort him, but he only continues his whining.

After giving me a long tight hug, he let me go and looks at me, making me smile. "Would you like to have pancakes?" He nods, taking me once more into a hug. I giggle little, hugging him back, enjoying the warmth of my friend. He releases me but then he pets my head a couple of times. I turn around and make my way to the kitchen to make those pancakes to him. His mother made the best pancakes when we were younger and there are times when I miss her and her cooking. Jason goes back to Benny and starts petting him again. Benny was over the moon of the attention and brings his toys to Jason. After making the pancakes I put them on the table and go to look for Jason. He wasn't in the living room and I was confused. I start looking for him but I couldn't find him anywhere downstairs.

I go upstairs and see that the door from my room is open. I walk over and look inside. I see Jason standing there with Benny next to him and he was looking at my photos of my relatives and friends. He had one photo in his hand and was looking at it. "Jason, what are you doing?" He jumps and looks at me with like he had done something bad. I walk to him, little amused by his reaction. I look at the photo in his hand which was a picture of us at my parents ranch. We were sitting on our porch and smiling so widely. It was taken year before he died. I lean on his arm and look at the picture. "We were so happy back then. You always wanted to ride the horses, but your mother never let you do that." I say to him shifting my gaze to his face.

He was looking at me and then put the photo back. He took another photo where I was with baby John. "That's John when he was just couple months old. He's parents are at a business trip now. His my brother's son. You remember Eddy, right?" He nods and puts the photo back. He turns to me and hugs me again but then he lifts me up. I look at him in wonder and he carries me downstairs, Benny following us closely. He makes his way to the kitchen and puts me back down. I laugh little by his action and give him a big hug. "You're so cute right now. Your pancakes are on the table. I'll give you some apple juice." He nods as I release him and he walks over to the pancakes.

I go to the fridge, getting the apple juice and pouring it in a glass. When I turn around, I see that Jason had already eaten all the pancakes from the plate. I was little shocked that he ate all of them that fast, but maybe he was just very hungry. I put the glass in front of him but he just stares at it if waiting something. He shifts his gaze to me and whines little. "Do you want a straw?" I ask and he nods. I get one straw and put it in the glass. He takes the glass, bringing it to his face and threads the other end of the straw from one of the holes of the hockey mask. He drinks it quickly, leaving me to watch him in amaze. I haven't seen anyone drink that fast.

Jason looks at me after putting the empty glass on the table, then he nods as a thank you. "You're welcome. Anytime you want to eat something, just come here and I will make you something." I smile at him and he nods again. I look at the clock and see it's almost midnight. I have to get up early next morning to take care of the animals in the farm. "It's so late and I need to get in bed. Would you like to stay for the night?" Jason shakes his head to decline the offer as he gets up. Maybe he wants to be alone for a while? After all this is a big change in his life.

He walks to the door then turns to look at me. I walk over to him, giving him a big hug as a goodbye. "Good night Jason. See you tomorrow." He nods and hugs me back. After the hug he leaves, disappearing into the forest. I smile after him, closing and locking the door behind me. He was still a sweetheart after all this time. But my mind goes back to the girl, who Jason was chasing. I wanted to know what she did to him to make him attack her like that. I yawn and go to the bedroom. I quickly do my night routine and flop down the bed. I was so tired after today, but maybe tomorrow won't be so long.