Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

Last night was awful. I wanted to go to sleep so badly but every time I closed my eyes, Jason would shake me awake again. We let John sleep through the night but he seemed to be fine. He was still sleeping on the couch when Jason and I were watching some movies on the TV. He had no trouble on staying awake but I just wanted to sleep. "Jason, I'm really tired." I say to him and he starts to whine sadly to me and wraps his other arm around my shoulder and gives me a hard shake.

"Fine! I try to stay awake but you have to help me so much today." I say to him and he nods eagerly, still whining as if I was going to leave him. He wraps his other arm around me too, giving me a tight hug. His mask was buried to my neck where he was still weeping lowlily. It was super adorable that he was so worried about me but he needed to understand that he didn't need to look after me all the time. But he has been so long alone so maybe he was just afraid of losing me again.

"Jason, you don't have to worry so much about me." I say to him and rub my hand over his biceps. He just stays there without moving a muscle while he was still making some little whines come from his throat. A little smile forces its way on my lips because of his childish antics. I break free from his hold and give him a hug of comfort. He really was afraid that something would happen to me if I fell asleep.

I hear John let out a little cry in his sleep and Jason's head turns to look at John. He gets up and quickly walks over to him, giving him a hard shake on the shoulder. John opens his sleep filled eyes and turns to look at Jason. Jason seems to look relieved that John woke up. I feel little bad for the younger male but Jason means well. "Are you okay John?" I ask from him and he stretches his back. "I had a nightmare." He says and Jason seems to start to panic as he looks over the little boy.

"Jason, calm down." I say to him sweetly, trying to make him calm down before something bad happens. Jason looks at me with his sad eyes and I send him a little smile. "What was that nightmare about?" I ask from John and he hugs his pillow. "It was about my bullies back at school." He says tiredly and Jason looks at him little confused. He seemed to be little less concerned than before. "Bullies just do that because they envy you." I say to him but he doesn't seem to be convinced.

Jason turns to look at me because of my words. He knows how horrible bullies can be and he died once because of them already. "You just have to look behind the surface to see the real them." I say to John while sending him a comforting smile. "But you only get stronger because of that." Jason suddenly gets up and walks over to me, a strange look in his eyes making me feel little alarmed. But I calmed down when he leans his masked face against my cheek and holds it there. I smile at him as John looks at us, looking little confused because of our behavior.

Jason pulls away with eyes screaming happiness. I put my hand on his cheek and turn to look at John. "You should make sure that you have packed everything you had with you. And after that you can play with Jason for a while." John gives me a little nod as he gets up from the couch. He walks upstairs where his bags were. Jason looks after him and he lets out a little whine. "I know, I'm going to miss him too when he leaves." I say to him and Jason looks at me with a little sad look in his eyes.

"But he needs to be with his mommy and daddy." Jason gives me a little nod of agreement. I'm sure he misses his mom more than anything. She was so important to him when he was younger. Maybe she is the reason he's like this today? "Do you miss your mommy?" I ask from him and his eyes widen at my words and he looks at me for a while. Suddenly the surprise in his eyes turn into sadness as he nods. I pet his head with a little smile. "I miss her too. The food she made was amazing." I whisper to him.

Jason gives me a little nod and then he gives me a hug. I pat his back with a little smile. I was happy that I found him again. He didn't deserve to be all alone forever. I yawn as he lets go of me and get up from the couch. "Well I'm going to make some coffee to stay awake. But I really need your help around the house and farm." I say to him, making him nod eagerly. He's just so happy to help me and it was so adorable. I walk over to the kitchen and start to make the coffee.

Jason was still watching over me, waiting for me to be ready. His eyes shifted to look around my furniture occasionally. I liked how curious he was about everything because he hasn't seen some of them in years. The next time I'm going to town, I'll buy him something he might like. He hadn't gotten a gift in years and I bet when I give him one, he will be over the moon. I remember that he was always so grateful when he got something.

John comes back downstairs with Benny following him closely behind while wagging his tail around. "Did you pack everything you had with you?" I ask from him as he nods again. He was still little tired but when he gets to play with Jason, I don't think he will be too tired after that. "What do you want to have for breakfast?" I ask from him but he only yawns.

"Cereals." He answers and I give him the bowl, milk and cereals. He can make it to himself and I can do something else for a while. "Do you want some cereals too Jason?" I ask from him but he shakes his head. "You can eat whatever you want from the fridge if you get hungry." I say to him and he nods again. I go to sit on the couch and wait for John to finish so we can go outside.

My eyelids feel suddenly so heavy that I can't keep them open anymore. I take a deep breath in and force them open. I decide to get up so I wouldn't fall asleep. I walk back to the kitchen only to see that the milk John used in the cereals was blood red. I look at him for a while in shock that he was still eating it. "John! W-what are you doing?" I ask from him with a shaky voice. He turned to look at me with a smirk on his face as he continued to eat.

I hear metal scratch metal somewhere behind me and I quickly turn around only to see a boiler room. The hot air touched my skin and the air was hard to breath because of the temperature. I walk around the room and hear the scratching somewhere little further away from me. "Jason?" I call him but nothing happens. I was starting to get more anxious every minute I was here. Suddenly I feel sharp pain on my arm as I hear laughter behind me.

I jump off the couch with a little yelp. Jason turned to look at me immediately and John was looking at me little startled. I look at them with wide eyes, panting heavily from the shock. "Are you okay auntie?" John asks and I give them a little nod. "Y-yeah, I'm fine." I say quickly as Jason walks over to me. He takes my hand and I see that I was bleeding from my arm. Jason whines as he looks at the cuts in my arm. I walk over to the bathroom with him closely behind.

I start cleaning the wound with a hiss. Thank goodness it wasn't that deep. Stitch the wounds closed and wrap them up. Jason was still looking at me really worried and whining quietly. I turn to look at him and see a guilty look on his face. "So that was Freddy." I say to him and he nods slowly. Was he blaming himself? "Jason, it's not your fault that I fell asleep." I say to him but he shakes his head and points at the cuts in my arm.

"Jason listen. I don't blame you. And I'm not mad at you for what happened." I say to him but the sad look in his eyes didn't go away. I put my hands on his cheeks, turning his eyes to look at me. I give him a little smile but the expression in his eyes doesn't change. "Well make it through together." I say to him and he finally nods in agreement. I hug him to give him a little pet on the back. I didn't know what I was going to face but I won't leave Jason ever again.