Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

Jason and I were both watching the old hatched that was just sitting on the table. I turn my gaze to him who was just staring at me. "Do you think he is going to kill John?" I ask from him and he shifts his gaze to look at his hands. So he thought that Freddy was going to do that. "But maybe we could get rid of him before he could do anything to him." I say to Jason who nods quickly. He takes his machete and puts it on the table.

"You are going to fight him?" He nods and reaches for my hand. He takes it in his own and gives it a little squeeze. "I'll help you." I say to him but he shakes his head as he gives my hand a little rub. "I want to help you! We can defeat him together!" I say to him but he shakes his head again. I free my hand away from his grasp and cross them across my chest. He tilts his head and whines sadly. "I want to help and you aren't going to stop me. I don't want to lose you again."

He tilts his head straight again and tries to silently convince me to drop the idea but I'm not backing down. We look at each other for a while but then he whines again and just nods slowly in defeat. I smile at him and take the hatched. "We can beat that dream asshole together Jason." I say to him and he nods again but this time he doesn't seem to be defeated anymore. I look at the machete that was laying on the table and feel a little laugh escape my lips. He seems to be confused when I swing the hatched back and forth. "We look so cool together." I say to him with a smile.

He nods and takes his machete. He copies my movement but he's more coordinated than I am. I look at his movement in amazement. He surely knows what to do with it. "Umm... Jason." I say to him which seems to get his attention. He tilts his head again and I could see that he was curious. "Could you teach me somethings you know. I mean, you know how to survive so it wouldn't hurt me if I know something too."

He thinks for a moment and then nods eagerly like he was excited to teach me something. He offers me his machete which I take and look at it for a while. "Why machete?" I ask from him and he whines little quietly from my question. "Was it your mommy's?" He nods at my words, sadness filling his eyes. This must be one of the last things he has from her which makes me feel bad for him. Why such horrible things must happen to those who don't really deserve it? "I'm sure she would be proud of you." I say to him and he nod but then turns his attention to the front door.

"What is it?" I ask from him as he points at the front door right before there was a knock on it. I look at him surprised. But a sudden feeling of fear runs through my veins. What if it was Eddy? Jason seems to notice my fear and puts his hands on my shoulder, giving them a little rub to comfort me little. "W-what if it's Eddy?" I say to him as I feel tears form in my eyes. He pulls me in a hug with a whine. I start to cry against his chest while I try to convince myself that it wasn't him.

There was another knock on the door and I feel the fear come back. I already lost Brownie at and now he was coming back for Cola. "I'll g-g-go and open t-the door. Y-you go and hide." I say quietly as I pull away from him. I feel his mask press against my temple but then he lets go of me, takes the weapons and just walks up the stairs to hide. I take a deep breath in to calm my nerves and wipe away my tears. There was another knock which makes me walk towards it. I had to open it even if I was scared to do that.

Benny was waiting by the door when I reach it. He wasn't barking which was little weird. I open it only to see my mom's familiar face. "Mom?" I ask as she gives me a tight hug. "Oh (Y/n)! I heard what happened. Are you okay?" She asked worriedly and I completely broke down. I hug her even more tightly and sob loudly. "N-n-no! H-he k-killed Brownie!" I cry out to her as she hushes me. There were some tears on her eyes too which made me even sadder.

"My little girl. Let's go sit down in the living room and talk." She says as she comes inside, closing the door behind herself. She starts to lead me towards the living room and lets me sit down. I was sobbing loudly as I tried to wipe the tears away from my eyes. She gives me a sad look and then she offers me some tissues. "What Eddy did was wrong! I understand that he was angry but to kill an innocent animal." Mom said and I nod at her words. Brownie didn't do anything. "Just calm down darling. We'll talk when you are ready. I'll go and make some tea to you to calm your nerves."