Chapter 11

(Y/n)'s POV

We were waiting for Eddy to come to pick John up. Jason was still playing with him but he had to go and hide when they came. I knew that Jason might recognize him but I wasn't taking a chance that Eddy wouldn't freak out if he sees him. He wouldn't be as open-minded as I was in that situation. I could see that Eddy's car was approaching my home with a speed.

"Jason! John! They are coming now!" I yell at them while they were playing in the side yard. When Jason heard me he walked back in the house. John looked after him little confused when Jason disappeared. I take his bags and walk over to the driveway. John walked over to me still looking at the house. "Why did Jason go inside?" He asks and I give him a little smile. "He's just too shy to face your parents." I say to him while ruffling his hair.

John nods as Eddy's car stopped in front of us. He gets up from the car and approached us. "Hi!" I say to him as he nods and looks around the farm, looking all the animals around the land. "HI, how are you?" He asks from me as he takes John's bags. "I'm good. Just getting used to things. How about you?" I say to him with a smile. He shrugs his shoulders as but maybe he was still little angry about not getting the deal? Whatever that deal even was.

"I'm good. Just tired." He says as he puts the bags in the trunk. "Daddy, I got a new friend." John says happily to Eddy who gives him a little smile. "Oh yeah. Who is that?" He asks as he lifts John in his arms. John looks at him with a little smile. "His name is Jason." I feel my blood go cold as Eddy turns his head to look at me for a while. "Well what kind a furry friend he is?" He asks and John laughs. "He's not an animal. He's auntie's friend." John says little amused.

Eddy huffs and puts him to the back seat. He closes the door and turns to look at me angrily. "(Y/n). What the fuck?" He asks little angrily and I shrug my shoulders. "What?" I ask from him as he crosses his arms over his chest. "You told him about that retard friend of yours who drowned years ago! What is wrong with you?!" I look at him little angry. "I didn't tell him anything. We just went to the campsite." I say calmly to him.

His eyes widen at my words as he huffs angrily. "And he isn't a retard." I snap back at him and he shakes his head. "(Y/n). He is dead. Has been for years!" He yells at me angrily. I see Benny run over to us and he stands between us. He was barking at Eddy little angrily. He always wanted to protect me. "And why the hell would you want to go to that place? People go missing there!" He yells again and I just shake my head. "I wanted to go and see that campsite. John did have an accident there." I tell the truth to him.

"What happened?" He snarls back at me and I take a deep breath in. "He fell down from horse's back. But he seems to be okay." I say to him but he looks at me dumbfounded. "Did you take him to the hospital?" He asks and I turn to look at my feet. "Well, no." I say quietly to him and he shakes his head. "What if he has concussion?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders. "I didn't think that he would have that. He had all the safety equipment." He just shakes his head.

"I can't believe you are that reckless. He is just a child and Lisa doesn't want him to get hurt by the stupid animals." He says as he walks back over to the car and gets in without saying anything else. He just drives a way quickly and I look after them. He was right. I should have taken John to hospital when he was hurt. I hear heavy footsteps behind me and turn to see Jason standing there, looking at me with anger in his eyes. There was no way he didn't hear what Eddy said about him.

"He didn't mean it Jason. He was just little angry with me." I say to him but he still looks like to be angry. I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down as his eyes follow my every move. I could see the burning hate in his eyes. "Come on. Let's do our jobs." I say to him and start to drag him with me. He was still looking at the empty driveway but when he feels me trying to drag him with me he starts to walk after me.

I give him a little smile to lighten the mood but he seems to be still little tense. "Um... I still have some chocolate ice cream in the freezer. You can have it if you do a great job today." I say to him and that gets his attention. It must have been years since he had any ice cream. "The faster we do this the quicker you can have some it." I say to him, trying to sound as happy as I can and he almost runs to the barn to get the things we need. I tell him to take care of the animals while I go and look at the plants.

***

A couple hours later we were sitting on the couch and watching TV. I was facing away from Jason, who was eating the ice cream like there was no tomorrow. He still wasn't comfortable enough to show me his face but I was respecting his privacy. I have a little smile on my face as I hear him eat the icy treat right next to me. He sounded to be pleased right now which made me happy. I was still little sad that Eddy had to leave while he was angry with me but I'm sure he will call later this week like always.

I feel a cold sweat form on my skin as I just now remember how I told about my feelings to him last night. I totally forgot it because the sleepless night. But now I remember that he never answered me. Maybe he doesn't remember or just doesn't feel the same way. Or maybe he just doesn't care. I feel my heart little break at the thought that he just doesn't care but maybe he's just too innocent to realize what I mean. I decide that I would forget the whole thing. Jason puts the bowl down on the living room table and he turns to look at me. He was wearing his mask again as he leaned his face against my neck.

I feel a smile force its way on my face as I put my hand on his head. "Did you like the ice cream?" I ask from him and he nods against my neck. He gets up from the couch after a while and leans his masked forehead against my cheek. I turn to look at him but he gets back up and walks over to the back door. I look after him little dumbfounded but he seems to be in a good mood right now. "Jason, where are you going?" I ask from him, making him turn to look at me. He points to the woods and I think he was going to the campsite.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." I say to him with a little smile. He points at me and then makes a sleeping motion and shakes his head. "I won't go to sleep." I say to him and he nods as he draws the machete from his belt and leaves. I get up from my seat and walk over to the kitchen to make some coffee. After the morning scare I was trying to stay awake. I was little worried that Jason wasn't here but I would have to just do things that would keep me awake.

I look outside of the kitchen window while sipping down warm coffee. It was already so dark and cold outside and I couldn't help but to worry about Jason. He was an undead murderer but what if something bad just happens to him and he couldn't come back anymore? I put the cup down and run my hands over my face and hair. I shake my head as the thought of warm bed was getting almost irresistible. I decide to do some cleaning around the house. It can never hurt if the house was clean. And maybe I could give Jason one of the spare rooms so he could live here rather than at that old campsite.