Chapter 6

(Y/n)' POV

After dinner John was playing with Benny at the field again while Jason and I were sitting on the porch watching over them. My eyes were clued on Jason, who was watching closely at John to make sure that he was okay. He seemed to like him even after knowing him for a short time. He turns his masked face to me and tilts his head as to ask what I was thinking about. My mind went back to those teenagers who came earlier. I sigh deeply and look at John. Jason starts to whimper lowly probably thinking that he did something wrong.

"It's okay Jason. I was just thinking about those teenagers from earlier." His back straightens immediately and he waits for me to continue. "Look, I'm not stupid and I know that you are probably going to kill them." Jason nods his head but then hangs his head low. I lift my hand on his shoulder, giving him a couple of pats on his shoulder. "I'm not scared of you. You don't have to worry about that."

Jason gives me a side hug, bringing a smile on my face. He was just so adorable! "But." I continue and he lets go to look at me again. "I don't want to hear their screams near here, especially if John is visiting me. And I don't want you to get hurt." I say quietly, making him nod. "And every time you get blood on you and you want to come inside the house, you have to use that hose right there to clean your shoes and take the bloody clothes off of you so I can wash them."

Jason nods eagerly and puts his pinky up to give me a pinky promise. I smile at his sweetness and wrap my pinky around his. His hands were huge compared to mine. He pets my head happily and then runs his fingers through my hair. Jason turned his gaze back to look after John and Benny. John throws a tennis ball and Benny runs after it. Jason gets up and goes over to the boys. John happily gives him the ball and Jason throws the ball little further away and Benny happily runs after it.

I smile at them. It has been a long time since Jason had any company since he drowned and I was happy that he wanted to play with John. I get up and walk back inside. I should call Eddy and tell that everything is fine over here. I leave the door open so I could hear the boys play outside while I make to the phone call. I put the number on the phone and start my call. I still can hear John's laughter while I wait for Eddy to pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I hear Eddy's raspy voice at the other end and turn my attention at the call. "Hi Eddy. I wanted to tell you that everything is fine over here. John is playing outside with Benny." I happily say to him but he only huffs. "You know that Lisa and I don't want him to play with some stupid animals." I roll my eyes. He knows that Benny wouldn't even hurt a fly. "You have lived with animals your whole life! You know that they aren't that bad if you know how to handle them. I wouldn't put him in harm's way!"

Eddy huffs and puffs on the other end and I can feel him facepalm on the other end. "That is one reason why I moved into a city. To get away from them." Eddy says angrily. He didn't like animals after he had met John's mother Lisa, who despised all the animals. Every time she came over to our parent's house, she always complained about the smell of the animals. I didn't like her at all. "Just tell him not to play with that dog anymore. Please?" He please on the other end and I sigh in defeat. "Fine. I will tell him that."

"Thanks (Y/n). I will call you when we come to get him." Eddy says quickly and I look outside at the boys, who were now chasing each other. I smile at them and turn my attention back on the phone. "Would you like to talk with John? I can call him over." He pauses for a moment, thinking it over. " No, tell him that we love him and miss him. I have to go now. Bye." Eddy ends the call before I have a chance to answer. I look at the phone dumbfounded. If my child was hundreds of miles away from me, I would like to hear their voice everytime I got a chance!

I slam the phone shut and walk back outside. Their behavior was unbelievable! I sit back down the stairs of the porch and look at the boys. Jason look at me and probably realizes that I was upset. He makes his way to me, making John to look at me too. John runs to me, passing by Jason and sits in front of me. Jason sits next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder, comforting me. "Aunt (Y/n), what's wrong?" John asks and I send him a smile and pet his head.

"It's fine. I just called your father and he said that he and your mother love and miss you." I say, petting his cheek. He looks at little sad. "He didn't want to talk with me?" John asks, his voice quivering little and tears forming in his eyes. I give him a little hug. "He's busy, you know that right?" He nods sadly as tears fall down his eyes. I quickly wipe them away from his cheeks, trying to comfort him. Jason whines little next to me and pets his head. John looks at Jason and smiles little. I look at them little sadly.

"It's okay auntie. I know he's super busy sometimes." John smiles through his tears. I give his forehead a little kiss. I'm not going to tell him not to play with Benny. His little heart would break if he couldn't play with his best friend anymore. John dries his tears on his sleeves. "Jason, do you have parents?" My head snaps to look at Jason, little worried. I don't know how he will react. Jason's good eye widens under his mask while he looks at John.

"John. I don't think Jason would want to answer that-." I was interrupted when I heard Jason whine behind his mask. "Mmmo....mmmmm....mmmyy." I hear a low, raspy voice come behind his mask. It was muffled behind his mask but his answer was crystal clear. John looks at Jason with a huge smile on his face. "You have a mommy. I have one too!" He yells and I giggle little. Jason nods eagerly at John's words. John climbs on Jason's lap and gives him a big hug. "Jason I know that you are auntie's friend but can you be my friend too?" John asks innocently from the giant man.

Jason looks at him for a while, making me worry again. I put my hand on his shoulder, giving it a little rub. I see that he was shaking, his eyes watering at the little boy's words. Jason nods quickly and gives John a big hug. I feel my heart melt at his reaction. John hugs him back, comforting him. Jason whimpers little behind his mask. "Oh Jason. It's okay! Come here!" I give Jason a big hug too.

Jason's POV

Tears were running down my masked cheeks. John wanted to be my friend and I was over the moon. I wanted to be his friend because he was really nice to me. I loved the attention (Y/n) and John gave me. I let John go from my hug and he smiles widely at me. I pet his head happily and put him back down. John runs off to play with the dog again. (Y/n) and I were sitting there again, looking at John and Benny play.

"I'm so glad that you are back in my life Jason. I don't know what I would do without you." (Y/n) says while she was looking at me with her (e/c) shining in a sunlight. I look at those perfect eyes and lean my forehead against hers. She smiles widely but then she lifts her head and kisses my masked forehead. I feel a blush creep on my face and close my eyes. I was too happy to sense a danger lurking in the dream world, waiting a perfect opportunity to strike again.

A/N Time

Hello everyone! I wanted to say that I am so glad that you are still interested to read this story. It brings me some much joy to know that you like this story enough to still keep reading it! It is my first time writing something that isn't written in my own language. So if there's any grammar error, I apologize about them and try to fix them if I notice them. Thank you so so much and I try to continue this story as soon as I can. Love you all!