Chapter 18

(Y/n)'s POV

A loud car horn was the first thing I heard when I woke up. I slowly get up with a yawn from Jason's chest. I don't even remember that I fell a sleep with him. To my surprise I didn't see Freddy in my dreams so I could finally have a good night sleep. I turn my head to look at Jason who hasn't moved since I fell asleep against his chest. But he was looking at me with his head tilted to the side cutely. Mom was probably still sleeping but why was there that noise? "Morning." He nods at my words as I get up from the bed.

I walk over to the window, only to see Eddy's car. My heart stops and I start to panic. Was he going to kill Cola too now? I quickly run out of the room which seems to get Jason's attention. Benny was sitting by the front door by the time I reach it. I prepare for the worst as I open the door but to my surprise Eddy is standing there with crying John. Lisa is looking around the farm with disgust written on her face.

"I-is something wrong?" I ask but John gives my legs a tight hug. I crouch in front of him and let him hug me while I lift him in my arms. "What is happening?" I ask from Eddy who huffs. "It's your fault. He can't sleep well and I'm not going to deal with that bullshit right now." He says as he drops John's little bag on the porch. The little boy was still crying and clutching at my clothes for his life. I shush him and keep him close to me so he could get the comfort he deserves.

Eddy starts to walk away with Lisa without saying anything else and I feel the rage burning in me. "How can you just brush him aside. He tells you that he's scared and you don't even comfort him? What is wrong with you?" I yell as him as I press John's head against my shoulder and cover his other ear. Eddy turns to look at me and sends me a death glare. "Like you have any saying in this! First you tell him about your dead friend, then some boogieman named Freddy and take him to a ride where he hurts himself?" He says angrily and I shake my head.

"And what have you done or don't you remember anymore?" I ask from him but he only shakes his head. "I don't know, do tell me about it." He says back at me and I just look at him angrily. "You know well what you did to me the last time you visited. When will you come and get him?" He thinks for a moment but then just shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe when you have taken care of his problem." He says as he just walks back to the car without saying anything to John. I could see that Lisa was sending me the most evil smirk that I have ever seen.

I watch as their car disappears into the forest. I turn my head to see that John was crying. "Hey little buddy. It's okay. I'll keep you safe." I whisper to him and give his forehead a kiss. He was still crying as I take him in the house with his bag. I see that mom was standing in the living room as she was waiting for us. "Is John going to stay here?" She asks and I give her a little nod. "I don't know then they'll come back." I put John on the couch.

Mom nods and sits next to John who was still sobbing but this time he wasn't as loud as before. "Tell me little buddy. What happened?" I ask from him as I wipe his tears away. "I-I can't s-sleep." He says while he turns his gaze to look at his lap. "H-he's going t-to get me!" He says as mom wraps her arms around him, giving him a tight hug. "Who?" Mom asked and I look at the floor already knowing who it was. "One, two, Freddy's coming for you..." John starts to sing and I feel a shiver run down my spine.

"Who is Freddy?" Mom asks with panic in her voice. John lifts his eyes to look at me. "Three, four, better lock your door..." He continues and I put my hands on his cheeks. "Calm down. I won't let him do anything bad to you." I say to him and he starts to cry harder. Mom seems to be confused but I just pick him up from the couch. "I'll take him to sleep. Wait here." I say to mom but John starts to panic. "No! If I fall asleep he'll get me!" He says to me as I start to take him towards the stairs.