Puppy in the Alley

Thomas walked you both out to the airport parking deck. He walked up to a blue old timey-looking car and took out a set of keys.

"This is your car?" you questioned.

"Yeah. It was my Dad's. He passed it down to me. I even helped him repair it." Thomas explained.

"Nice." you said.

You got in the car and Thomas started it up. He put the car in reverse and drove away. It was nighttime, so everything around you was glowing. Thomas had to stop at a traffic light. He looked at you and saw that you were taking it all in.

"Like what you see?" he asked.

"It's beautiful." you answered.

"Do you want to listen to music? I think my dad said that he still had some CDs in the glove compartment." Thomas said.

"Sure." you said, opening the compartment.

He was right. There were probably at least five different CDs of various genres. You were looking through them one by one, but the music didn't appeal to your taste. You were at the last CD. It was the 'Burn the Ships' album by for KING & COUNTRY.

"Here's one that I like." you said, inserting the disc into the radio.

You both sang to the uplifting, inspirational music coming from the radio.

Thomas drove to his apartment complex and parked the car in the parking deck. He took out the suitcases and you both got on the elevator. He pushed a button that took you guys to the seventh floor. You both got off and he guided you to his apartment. Thomas gave you the grand tour, then you both settled down for the evening. After unpacking, Thomas popped some popcorn and you guys watched a movie. Eventually, you both fell asleep on the sofa.

~~~~~~~~~~

The sun's rays beamed through the curtains, which made you wake up. You saw that the movie menu was on the screen, a half bowl of popcorn was on the coffee table, and Thomas was still asleep on the other side of the sofa.

"Thomas. Wake up." you whispered.

It took a minute for him to wake up. You went to the bathroom to get ready. Thomas got a text from his agent about his Dragon Rider audition. She wants to meet up with him at the casting studio downtown. You came out and sat next to him.

"What's up?" you asked.

"It's my agent. I need to meet up with her soon." he explained.

"Okay." you simply said.

You and Thomas got ready to leave. It was raining a little bit. You both walked hand-in-hand down the sidewalk. You stopped walking when you heard something. It sounded like whimpering. You walked down into a small alley. You lifted up a piece of newspaper and found a Corgi puppy. You were heartbroken when you saw the pitifulness in its eyes.

"Thomas, look." you said, placing the puppy in your arms.

"Awe. Poor thing." he said, petting its head.

The puppy let out a cute, little bark. Thomas then got a call from his agent. She had to cancel, which worked out on his end.

"Uhh, love. You know how I am with dogs." he said.

"Oh, come on." you said to him.

You put the puppy up to his face.

"Please, Tommy. Don't leave me here. I promise I'll be good." you said in a cute voice.

Thomas then took the puppy into his arms.

"All right. I have to admit, it is really cute. Come on, let's go to my parents' house. They'll help us." he advised.