Came Out On Top

A/n: I'm out of school for the next two weeks because of the Coronavirus. At least it's not the Flare, am I right? I still have to do my schoolwork via computer, but I'm still writing and publishing every day. Now, let's get into the chapter!

You, Courtney, and Moriah auditioned together because the three female leads sing 'Matchmaker' together. It was awesome to watch Joel and Luke sing. Luke was onstage singing 'Miracle of Miracles.' Soon enough, he finished singing. The rest of you clapped for him.

"Nice, Luke. Thank you. Thomas, you're up." the director said.

He looked at you. "You got this!" you whispered to him.

He smiled and got out of his seat. Him and Luke did a bro hug as they walked passed each other. Luke sat down next to his wife, Courtney. She squeezed his arm as a way of telling him good job. Thomas walked onto the stage and the focus was on him. The music from the track started to play. You saw him rubbing his hands together and taking a deep breath. Then, Thomas became Model.

"Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles-
God took a Daniel once again,
Stood by his and side and- miracle of miracles-
Walked him through the lions den!
Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles-
I was afraid that God would frown,
But like he did so long ago, at Jericho,
God just made a wall fall down!
When Moses softened Pharaoh's heart, that was a miracle.

When God made the waters of the red sea part, that was a miracle too!
But of all God's miracles large and small,
The most miraculous one of all
Is that out of a worthless lump of clay,
God has made a man today.

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles-
God took a tailor by the hand
Turned him around and- miracle of
Miracles- Led him to the promised land!

When David slew Goliath (yes!), that was a miracle. When God gave us manna in the wilderness, that was a miracle too.
But of all God's miracles large and small,
The most miraculous one of all
Is the one I thought could never be:
God has given you to me."

Your jaw dropped down to the floor. That just happened. Despite all of the nerves, Thomas came out on top. You, Joel, Luke, Courtney, Moriah, and the director stood up and clapped. You noticed that Thomas was blushing.

"Thomas, that was very impressive. Well done." the director said to him.

"I sincerely thank each of you for taking the time out of your day to come out and audition for the show. You will hear from me sometime tomorrow. Have a good day." the director said.

With that, you all walked out into the foyer. Each of you were talking about how good each of you did in the auditions.

"There's a café that's not too far from here. You guys want to go?" Thomas offered.

Joel, Luke, Courtney, and Moriah all agreed to tag along. Since the café wasn't far away from the theater, you guys just walked.

You all walked in, and ordered a pastry and drinks. You guys had more conversations about careers, families, hobbies, etc.

"Well, that parking meter is about to run out. So, we better go." Thomas said.

"It was nice meeting you guys." Luke said.

"Nice to meet you guys too." you said.

You and Thomas gave them handshakes or hugs before leaving. The two of you left the café and went to the car to go home.