Traditions & Matchmaking

The music started to play and lights lit up the stage. Anthony, who plays Teyve walked out on the other side of the stage. Gracie, who plays the Fiddler was up on the loft with her fiddle prop. Anthony started to deliver his first lines to kick off the show.

"That I can tell you in one word. Tradition!"

That's the cue. Everyone else walked out hand-in-hand, while singing the first song of the show. Anthony delivered more lines, then four groups of the ensemble stepped out. After the song, there was a blackout and the crew changed a few things.

Then, came the scene where you, Courtney, and Moriah sing 'Matchmaker.' There were certain points where you looked over to the right wing and saw Thomas, Joel, and Luke watching the three of you onstage. They couldn't stop smiling. When the blackout happened, the three of you went offstage to get ready for the next scene. Thomas, Joel, and Luke caught the three of you in the green room to tell you guys how awesome you did.

You all watched Anthony sing 'If I Were A Rich Man' from the live feed in the green room. Luke had to leave to get to his place for when he enters as Perchik. When you guys saw that Luke went onstage to approach Tevye and his friends, you, Thomas, Courtney, and Moriah felt like that the perfect time to get to your places for when Tevye brings Perchik into his home. Model will come in later to talk to Tevye about his love for Tzeitel.

When you, Moriah, and the other daughters left the stage to leave Tevye, Tzeitel, and Model alone to talk, you ran into the green room to watch how the conversation will pan out. You listened carefully as you watched Thomas. Model finally puts his foot down and expresses his feelings.

"That may be true, Reb Tevye. But, even a poor tailor is entitled to some happiness. I promise you, your daughter will not starve." Thomas stated in one breath, then exhaled a big sigh of relief.

"Yes! That was perfect." you said to yourself, watching the live feed.

After Tevye gave them his blessing to Tzeitel and Model, it was time for Thomas to sing his song, 'Miracle of Miracles' to Courtney. You left the green room to watch the song from the wings. He did it for you, so you'll do it for him. You were mesmerized by his voice and the mannerisms. You were tearing up when he spun Courtney around in circles at the end.

When the wedding scene took place, all you could think about is that you will soon be in a white dress. Then, the Russian characters came in to ruin everything. Soon enough, it was time for Hodel and Perchik's relationship to unfold. Hodel decides to leave Anatevka to be with him in another country. Then, it was Chava's turn. Tevye refuses because of the religion difference, so Chava marries Fyedka behind his back.

Now that Tevye's three oldest daughters are married, things took a turn for the worst. The Constable orders the people of Anatevka to leave before the Russian army takes over. Therefore, everyone has to leave or they would've been forced out.

The show ended and it was time for the bows. The ensembles went out first, then the minor characters. You and Joel went out first, then Luke and Moriah, then Thomas and Courtney. Anthony and Rose were last. Anthony led everyone in a group bow.

"Mazel Tov." everyone said in unison.